Turn software update?

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Re: Turn software update?

Postby ger21 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:24 pm

What's better that doesn't cost 10x more?
While agree that they should probably change their update cycle to maybe 6 months or less, I'm sure there will be a huge number of new features when this finally comes out.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby asuratman » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:56 pm

I think so, maybe you know already
asuratman

Postby Delco » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:14 am

mr_guy99493 wrote:I think its time we accept the fact that this is not a serious piece of software, and wont be updated to the extent expected of anyone interested in its commercial usage.

I am starting to think that too - looking into mesa boards and linux cnc for my lathes - been waiting too long with a unusable cnc lathe that cant thread properly .

I have just on 30 UCCNC conversion under my belt so far , with the rate of lack of updates and the problems with wear compensation I think it may be my last.
Delco

Postby cncdrive » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:17 pm

We still working on the final testings sorry.
There are too many new features to test, so next time we will probably add less features with more often updates.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mark68 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:00 pm

cncdrive wrote:We still working on the final testings sorry.
There are too many new features to test, so next time we will probably add less features with more often updates.

How about releasing the proposed new feature list, it may well keep current and potencial customers on board until the actual version is released. Even if you pull some features out it won't matter. It's obvious there is a lot of anticiption of what's coming but it seems users are losing faith becuase of the length of time it's taking.
mark68

Postby Delco » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:13 am

cncdrive wrote:We still working on the final testings sorry.

Can we ask why that has stopped updates for UCCNC mill and the errors it still has ? looks to be a couple of years since the last update ?

Maybe need to get basic lathe functionality released and then work on the more advanced features - its been 3 years since this was coming soon.
Delco

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:21 am

The only reason is that the 1.2115B version is pretty stable, there are only a few bugs like the bugs you reported, so we did not think it is urgent to update.
And we kept packing more and more functions and now ended up with about a hundred new ones and now we working on it for month testing them before releasing the new version.

And no, it's not 3 years, but about 1.5 years only.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Delco » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:20 am

cncdrive wrote:The only reason is that the 1.2115B version is pretty stable, there are only a few bugs like the bugs you reported, so we did not think it is urgent to update.
And we kept packing more and more functions and now ended up with about a hundred new ones and now we working on it for month testing them before releasing the new version.

And no, it's not 3 years, but about 1.5 years only.

Its been 2 years since the last development version an even longer for the production version with no updates to some critical errors , seems like the ball has been dropped by the development team and heading the way mach3 went with no update support while they concentrate on something else.
Delco

Postby CL_MotoTech » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:53 am

You're not wrong. My mill runs like a champ and that is what I paid for, but it's hard to recommend software/hardware to people (I have recommended UCCNC to probably hundreds of people) when seemingly the development has stopped.
CL_MotoTech

Postby Delco » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:42 am

CL_MotoTech wrote:You're not wrong. My mill runs like a champ and that is what I paid for, but it's hard to recommend software/hardware to people (I have recommended UCCNC to probably hundreds of people) when seemingly the development has stopped.

Yes and it still has some serious bugs that have been reported and not recified.
Delco

PreviousNext

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)