Multiple versions shown on control device screen

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Multiple versions shown on control device screen

Postby TedW » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 am

I have just installed a UC100 controller purchased from cnc4you. Installation via the automatic install was straight forward as was the driver install.

When I load up Mach3 the select motion control screen is loaded and the screen shows multiple versions of the UC100 i.e.

Normal Printer Port operation
UC100-CNC-Motion-Controller V2.151
UC100-CNC-Motion-Controller V1.059
UC100-CNC-Motion-Controller V1.015
UC100-CNC-Motion-Controller V1.020

I am using V2.151, but want to keep the option of using the printer port. Is there any way I can I remove the unused entries?
Thanks
TedW

Re: Multiple versions shown on control device screen

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:25 am

If there are multiply UC100 plugin versions installed is only possible if:

1.) You installed multiply plugin versions with you manually installed them clicking the .m3p plugin files or copied the .dll files into the Mach3/Plugins folder.
2.) You had Mach3 running while you ran the automatic installer.
3.) Your plugin files are write protected.

The above are the 3 possibilities, because the automatic installer app before it installs the new plugin it first deletes all the previous plugin versions if there are any installed.
The only case when it will not remove previous versions if the file can't be deleted which can be if you set the files to be write protected or if the plugin dll file is loaded and is in use by Mach3 at the time you ran the installer.

You can remove the previous versions 2 ways:

1.) Just run the automatic installer, it will remove the previous plugin files. (Make sure Mach3 is not running at that time.)
2.) Manually delete the unwanted UC100....dll files from the Mach3/Plugins folder.

And it is important that only one UC100 plugin version file should exist in the plugins folder otherwise Mach3 will load them randomly which is not really good.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Mach3 is also known to part load the plugins even when you've not asked for them to be loaded via the checkbox / tick....

best solution is always to delete the unused plugin files so only the core / used ones are in the profile
Robertspark

Postby TedW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks for the replies. I'll delete the dll files from the plugins directory.
TedW

Return to Ask a question from support here