Losing connection

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Losing connection

Postby Weerasak » Sat May 19, 2018 5:12 pm

It happens 2-3 times a day, a long period of time will happen once. This must be really hard to find source of a problem. As Balazs said, he would use an oscilloscope to monitor at dc power supply with trigger stop. I think this is a best tool is used to track down the problem.

You might use a cheap loop recording camera shooting at ordinary multi- meter, on board LEDs, latency graph of UCCNC or any things that could shows status and events. Then come back to see it right before it stopping. You can stop camera by using CP signal cutting down the power from the camera. This signal will stop if UCCNC communication disconnect from UC300ETH-UB1.

Or, you may start from changing relevant devices, such as.
-Power supply, Cables, Computer etc.
-The DC2DC can be disconnected by removing solder-bridge then connect external 5Vdc to GND and VCC terminal to power UC300eth instead. Please consult the manual.
-UB1 or UC300ETH board. This case, I can offer you 50% discount for the second UB1 board, but please send me the photo of your UB1 because I couldn't find your information in my online store records.

The isolated transformer and EMI filter are preferred to protect and reduce noise in industrial environment.

Please measure spindle mounting plate, cabinet ground against SECOND earth ground with volt meter again. High voltage leaking could disrupt controller. The old ground rod could become rotten and broken. If there is an electricity leak on those metal plate and the ground rod is not so good, we can feel it by touching them.

Thanks
Weerasak
Weerasak
http://www.CNCRoom.com
UCCNC, UB1 Motherboard for UC300ETH
Weerasak

Postby Robertspark » Sun May 20, 2018 11:27 am

What is your power supply arrangement?

Do you have one power supply for the controls, and a separate one for the drives?

Both power supplies fed directly off the mains electrical supply, and do not share a common zero volt line?

What is the amperage of your controls supply? what type of supply is it? {Switch mode power supply / transformer with bridge rectifier and capacitor bank}

On your controls power supply, what are you driving with it ? {I know a UB1 was mentioned, but are you also driving relays, pneumatics, etc.... Do you have a schematic diagram?}

The pc, is it connected to a network? If so, how is it connected to a network {WiFi or ethernet?}. If the CNC a single ethernet connection, or are you using a ethernet hub or bridge to share a hard wired ethernet connection?
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Sun May 20, 2018 11:41 am

I've not had to use this before, but it may be worth considering

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2526067

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... rk-adapter

Also consider what other applications you have running in the background {you may have something spuriously trying to update periodically or check licencing which is affecting CNC data transmission (it may poll connections periodically)

Consider this too to check what else you have running and want to prevent from running
https://youtu.be/Uusm3HGSo60
Although relating to HP software, can apply to all software... A CNC machine you really want dedicated to CNC with a few other applications to side in adjusting or creating gcode files on the fly (hence why I run an offline CNC pc with no network connections, feed it memory sticks, and it only has uccnc, autocad Lt / desault draftsight and sheetcam on it). All software updates are via memory stick, and I have a hard drive image so I am able to restore in minutes if something goes wrong.
Robertspark

Postby johnblodge » Sun May 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Robertspark,

Very sorry to hijack this thread (only momentary I hope), but as I seem unable to send PMs on this site and I wish to contact you directly regarding a question I have, will you please take 5 minutes and go over to Plasma Spider where I have posted a PM to you.

Thx. John Lodge
johnblodge

Postby karlo terrazas » Tue May 22, 2018 5:57 am

Weerasak wrote:It happens 2-3 times a day, a long period of time will happen once. This must be really hard to find source of a problem. As Balazs said, he would use an oscilloscope to monitor at dc power supply with trigger stop. I think this is a best tool is used to track down the problem.

You might use a cheap loop recording camera shooting at ordinary multi- meter, on board LEDs, latency graph of UCCNC or any things that could shows status and events. Then come back to see it right before it stopping. You can stop camera by using CP signal cutting down the power from the camera. This signal will stop if UCCNC communication disconnect from UC300ETH-UB1.

Or, you may start from changing relevant devices, such as.
-Power supply, Cables, Computer etc.
-The DC2DC can be disconnected by removing solder-bridge then connect external 5Vdc to GND and VCC terminal to power UC300eth instead. Please consult the manual.
-UB1 or UC300ETH board. This case, I can offer you 50% discount for the second UB1 board, but please send me the photo of your UB1 because I couldn't find your information in my online store records.

The isolated transformer and EMI filter are preferred to protect and reduce noise in industrial environment.

Please measure spindle mounting plate, cabinet ground against SECOND earth ground with volt meter again. High voltage leaking could disrupt controller. The old ground rod could become rotten and broken. If there is an electricity leak on those metal plate and the ground rod is not so good, we can feel it by touching them.

Thanks
Weerasak

Thanks for the help Weerasak, i have built two routers for differents companys, they bought the UB1 AND UCCNC licenses direct from you, one licensed to Sonia Alvarado (CD11FF) wich works perfectly and the other licensed to Ulises Ponce (CD12C8) wich im having a hard time, Thats why you dont find my name directly and your records.

Something that helped was to update the ethernet drivers, now i only have one or 2 disconnect per day (was having 3-4 at day), im going to install the EMI filter as soon it arrives.
karlo terrazas

Postby karlo terrazas » Tue May 22, 2018 6:01 am

Robertspark wrote:I've not had to use this before, but it may be worth considering

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2526067

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... rk-adapter

Also consider what other applications you have running in the background {you may have something spuriously trying to update periodically or check licencing which is affecting CNC data transmission (it may poll connections periodically)

Consider this too to check what else you have running and want to prevent from running
https://youtu.be/Uusm3HGSo60
Although relating to HP software, can apply to all software... A CNC machine you really want dedicated to CNC with a few other applications to side in adjusting or creating gcode files on the fly (hence why I run an offline CNC pc with no network connections, feed it memory sticks, and it only has uccnc, autocad Lt / desault draftsight and sheetcam on it). All software updates are via memory stick, and I have a hard drive image so I am able to restore in minutes if something goes wrong.

thanks for the info,

Im going to apply this options on the controller PC.

Regards!
karlo terrazas

Postby karlo terrazas » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:48 am

Hello to all

I just came to give an update... adding an ethernet Card Pci express did the trick. Now works fine 8 hours per day. :D

And im going to start building my third CNC with the UB1

Regards!
karlo terrazas

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here