New Ideas for UCCNC features?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: New Ideas for UCCNC features?

Postby cncdrive » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:47 pm

The screen editor basics are documented, I mean it is included in the UCCNC users manual, please check it.
And yes, I know what you mean, we made the screen editor a different way, if it's worse or better than the way it was done in M3 is I think depends on the person, a subjective thing, but it sure works very different.

You know what we are not very good is making good videos, we should improve this skill in the future.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Terry,

Yep, your secret is out now. :)

One comment on the DROs Enter key validation, it is a feature which users asked us to make it work like that,
but afterwards many other users told us they don't like this feature,
so in the next release we will make this an option in the settings, to validate new values in the DROs only with Enter key or validate always when leaving the DROs.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Kelevra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:08 pm

How about built in rs485 communication with the widely used Chinese VFD's (and others of course)?
Linuxcnc has gotten it a while ago and its a breeze to work with.
Kelevra

Postby Kelevra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Now you have me curious ;)
Cant wait for the update, even tho i dont know anything about Modbus. But hey, time to learn then.
Kelevra

Postby ger21 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:03 pm

The problem is that the HuanYang VFD's use a non standard Modbus.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Kelevra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Yeah sadly I already realized that.
I'll have to stick to pwm until I get my hands on a different VFD.
Kelevra

Postby lp_felix » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:39 am

Hi guys,

some ideas,
-->> Jog feed wen you are on 1% with a long press on + go to 50 and another long press go to 100% (or equal to gerr 2010 screen set)
-->> Jog feed numbers color change, high feed = RED, Lower feed = Black
-->> Email Alert, ability to send Emails for some reasons (end of programs and when you hit a limit switch for example.) in the email you can send info of the program, program name, cutting time, tools life.
Only send emails if you have some type of code on the program.
-->> Password to Lock config menu.
-->> Create the contours of the cnc working area.
-->> Create a post processor for Fusion 360!! (i'm using Eding cnc Post with no arcs...)

-->> if possible a log off events, (my workers some times have crazy accidents with the machine, and i think it propositional.)

It's all suggestions i'm remember until now.

Thanks and keep going with your excellent work!!
lp_felix

Postby cncdrive » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:22 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post and for the suggestions.
-->> Jog feed wen you are on 1% with a long press on + go to 50 and another long press go to 100% (or equal to gerr 2010 screen set)

You could probably achive this with some code in a macro loop.

-->> Jog feed numbers color change, high feed = RED, Lower feed = Black

The issue with this one is that the screenset is built generic, because the screen could be totally redesigned with the screen editor,
this makes it hard to do these kind of special functions, because if we fix a recoloring of the DROs with the jog override ID then
it will be no more generic, then it will be fixed recoloring and not sure if everybody will like that. Or if we want to keep it generic then we should add a few properties to the textfields (DROs) definition
which defines the parameters of recoloring. Or we could add an additional function which could do the recoloring setting on DROs. Both are lots of work for us then. So, it's possible to make this happen, just not easy to even decide which way to do it. :)

-->> Email Alert, ability to send Emails for some reasons (end of programs and when you hit a limit switch for example.) in the email you can send info of the program, program name, cutting time, tools life.
Only send emails if you have some type of code on the program.

If I recally Terry (Vmax) already made a code which doing this.
I think he also made SMS sending code.
Please ask him to share his code.

-->> Password to Lock config menu.

This is already done in the upcoming release.

-->> Create the contours of the cnc working area.

Thats a good idea, but the workpiece path is in work coordinates and the working area is machine coords, so drawing the working area around the workpiece depends on the current offsets,
this means that if you changing the offset would require to change/redraw the drawing always or at least to redraw the working envelope drawing.

-->> Create a post processor for Fusion 360!! (i'm using Eding cnc Post with no arcs...)

This already exists: http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/?p=stepcraft_uccnc

-->> if possible a log off events, (my workers some times have crazy accidents with the machine, and i think it propositional.)

How should that work?
What should that log?

Thanks and keep going with your excellent work!!

Thank you.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Jog feed wen you are on 1% with a long press on + go to 50 and another long press go to 100% (or equal to ger 2010 screen set)

At some point in time, you can expect to see a UCCNC screenset that improves upon the 2010 Screenset
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:17 pm

ger21 wrote:
Jog feed wen you are on 1% with a long press on + go to 50 and another long press go to 100% (or equal to ger 2010 screen set)

At some point in time, you can expect to see a UCCNC screenset that improves upon the 2010 Screenset

That would be great, thanks Gerry. :D
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software