Information on the goto zero function.

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Information on the goto zero function.

Postby Zadig » Thu May 03, 2018 10:22 am

Version 1.2101.

I've just crossed over from Mach 3 to UCCNC. I've used Mach in its most basic form for the last five years which has served me well for the one offs I tend to machine. I am liking the UCCNC software a lot but there are one or two things I'm struggling to get my head around.

Firstly, as I understand the "Goto Zero" button should send the machine to the machine offsets that are being used. That is to say all the zeros that would be used in (for example) G54. When I zero all the axis and activate "Goto Zero" nothing happens, as I would expect because it is already at zero. When I lower my Z axis and then activate "Goto Zero", my machine then sends the Z axis to Zero, so far so good.

With all the axis still now zero on G54, if I move the X axis a small amount and leave the Z and Y axis at zero and now activate "Goto Zero", it sends my Z axis beyond its positive limit switch and goes into reset, whereas I was just expecting the X axis to return to zero.

I'm sure this is finger trouble at my end coupled with poor understanding, so any help would be gratefully received.

On a final note, I am using Windows 7 and would like to update to the latest version of the software, where and how do I get .Net4.0 from.

Cheers,

Mike
Zadig

Re: Information on the goto zero function.

Postby dezsoe » Thu May 03, 2018 11:04 am

Hi Mike,

The Goto Zero button calls the M204 macro, you can check it in your macros folder. The M204 checks if it has to move on the X-Y plane, and if it has to, then it checks if the Z axis is below the value given in the "Safe Z height (units)" field on page Configuration/General settings. If it is below the SafeZ then it first moves Z to SafeZ, then makes the X-Y move and after this sends Z to zero.

If it is not good for you, then you have 2 possibilities. 1. Set a different SafeZ value. 2. Change the M204.txt as you need.
dezsoe

Re: Information on the goto zero function.

Postby Zadig » Thu May 03, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks again Dezsoe, I got it sorted straight away with your help.

Mike
Zadig

Return to Ask a question from support here