1.2104 CYCLE STOP not handled correctly in sub loop

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

1.2104 CYCLE STOP not handled correctly in sub loop

Postby dammogreen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:56 am

I have program that loops through a subroutine , say 3 times.

If, on the first loop I hit the CYCLE STOP button at a "Point X" in the subroutine....(and restart with CYCLE START)

Then when loop 1 is completed, after M99, it SHOULD go back to the start of the Subroutine for Loop#2 but it does NOT....

....it incorrectly picks up (re-starts) the code from "Point X" where CYCLE START was pushed in the PREVIOUS loop....very dangerous.

also happened with 1.2103
dammogreen

Re: 1.2104 CYCLE STOP not handled correctly in sub loop

Postby dammogreen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Vmax:......"IF it cancel teh sub then it should NOT continue running it."

Can you elaborate how,what you mean by canceling the sub? Do you man CYCLE STOP button would be considered a cancellation of a sub, even if one hits CYCLE START directly after the CYCLE STOP button?

So are you saying, if you cycle stop the program within a sub...to jog and check something it SHOULD stop /break the loop?
I am expecting CYcle start to continue at the next line of code after the CYCLE STOP was hit, weather it is in the main body of the program OR within in a sub routine....is my assumption incorrect?

If so ,that would mean there is no way for the user to stop and jog within a loop without breaking the loop...?
One could then only use FEED HOLD to "pause" if one wishes to be able to continue the loop in the correct sequence. without breaking it?

ALso, I don't get a message telling you that there is an empty sub stack, like you are seeing.
dammogreen

Postby dammogreen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks for the help!

I am using a bar feeder to feed stock into my 4th axis and I set the loop count to the number of parts that the stock can supply.

So in a long run of parts I may want to PAUSE and jog the machine within a certain loop for set up purposes.
Just like one can when not inside a loop.

It would be best if the run could be continued in sequence after a pause (CYCLE STOP), rather than loop break.
So I am hoping that is how UCCNC will handle it...after it is fixed,anyway.
dammogreen

Postby dammogreen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 pm

By the way , you are using the sample code that i posted in my OTHER post "M1" handling topic to test this, CYCLE stop problem
....it may not matter, but I don't get that "No return address" message,when running other programs that do cause the problem THIS thread is addressing.
dammogreen

Return to Report a bug