Macro_capability_detailed.htm - suggested corrections

This section is for Users that want to create and share Documentation about UCCNC.

Re: Macro_capability_detailed.htm - suggested corrections

Postby A_Camera » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Robertspark wrote:Could someone please move this to the documentation section?

[May be a good idea to do a bit of housekeeping as there is stuff like the ISOBOB that could be moved to hardware, etc etc]

Thanks,

Yes, I agree. That's why I proposed those two new sections a few days ago.
A_Camera

Postby shuraman » Wed May 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Thank you for this advices! You really helped me
One day I don't clean card slots on my camera and bring it to service center to return my money under warranty. NEver be like me!
shuraman

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Manual updated

Work in progress as usual.... few more functions listed along with LED's buttons etc.

UCCNC MACROS - 1-2039 - Version A
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9eqGqWQVBbWNVhsZkdfQWRaYTg

Let me know of anything incorrect or you're not happy with.

I've listed it as Version A as there are a few bits in yellow not completed (require more explanation / testing and verification to just check out the settings etc) [I like to test things to make sure they work as intended before writing them down]

Please don't print the manual unless you really have to.... the idea is you can word search it plus the index should link etc (if you download it and open it in a proper PDF reader, not in google drive)
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Thank you Rob.
I've noticed one error only yet, on page 45. the Addslider function example code is wrong.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:03 am

Thanks Balaz

I left it yellow highlighted as I knew the example wasn't right (I was going to add a slider to a screen, and then copy the example from the screenset text file so that the example was correct, I wasn't sure what color1 and color2 were as I wanted to put a better explanation in for the addslider function).

Questions:
Addled()
I could not see which parameter had been added to make the LED blink (the reason being I was looking for the parameters + functions via the example c# plugin. Do you want to check that the c# plugin has the correct Add LED parameters listed?)
Addled()
Function: void Addled( double posX, double posY, double width, double height, int picturenumber, int LEDnumber, int layernumber )
Code: Select all
public void Addled(bool isAS3, double x, double y, double w, double h, int picturenumber, int LEDnumber, int layernumber)
    Member of Plugininterface.Entry

actualdistancemode + actualmodal
I wasn't sure how to deal with (or where to list) actualdistancemode and actualmodal as they appear to be exec.__ functions but they don't have the brackets "()" indicating they are functions (i.e. what do you call them?)
Also actualmodal is the same as field 877 (activemodal)
but there does not seem to be a feild for the distance mode [or I can't see one in the list I have]

MessageboxShow()
I added it [or started to add in] the MessageboxShow() Method which is built into C# as I thought it would be a useful function that can be used within Macro's even though it was not a specific "UCCNC function", especially for those people coming from Mach3 or new to c# and learning how to code for the first time. At least they have the building blocks for macros within one file. Are there any other built in c# functions (or methods) that you think may be useful for macro's or plugins that may be of use?

I must say thank you very much to you and your team for adding G50/G51 and G68/G69 both will be very useful G-codes

I updated to the development release as I know I don't get the chance to update the manual that often (plus not sure how many people find it of actual use). Hence throught I'd get a bit ahead of the stable / offical release at present.
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:45 am

Hi Rob,

The Addled function prototype was changed like this:

void Addled(double x, double y, double w, double h, bool blinktype, int picturenumber, int LEDnumber, int layernumber)

We've kept also the older prototype which does not have the blinktype property, so both prototypes are available keeping the backwards compatibility.
When the old prototype is used for a call then the blinktype property is set to false.
And I've checked the plugininterface now and it seems we forgot to add the new function prototype in there, so I've now added it.

The actualdistancemode and actualmodal are variables and not functions is why they need no () brackets.
Now to gather these informations the only good way is to read the textfield below the MDI, but you have to parse the text data in it to get the numbers for the modal groups.
And maybe I should build some separate functions for all modal groups actual number query? Or a list of the modals of all groups?

And that's ok, you may add the MessageBox.Show(...) function, because it is often used.

There are lots of useful functions in C#, like the Math library, the Bitconverter library etc. but people may find all these online, I mean I think the documentation is probably better to focus on the UCCNC functions,
otherwise the document can easily become very long and hard to find informations.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:31 am

cncdrive wrote: The actualdistancemode and actualmodal are variables and not functions is why they need no () brackets.
Now to gather these informations the only good way is to read the textfield below the MDI, but you have to parse the text data in it to get the numbers for the modal groups.
And maybe I should build some separate functions for all modal groups actual number query? Or a list of the modals of all groups?

I got actualdistancemode and actualmodal from the M200, M201, M202, M203 & M204 macros, hence why I included them.

Are there any other variables that may be of use?

I have no issue parsing the data personally, no one has made a request so I'm not sure as I don't want to waste your time for no ones benefit, but in all those macros they provide good examples of being able to return the machine back to the original distance & modal modes at the end of the macros, hence they are useful variables.

cncdrive wrote: There are lots of useful functions in C#, like the Math library, the Bitconverter library etc. but people may find all these online, I mean I think the documentation is probably better to focus on the UCCNC functions, otherwise the document can easily become very long and hard to find informations.

I've used the Math & Bitcoverter libraries a bit, but not for Macros those would be more for plugins which you would expect the users to be able to research a little more. Where as the MessageBox.Show() is a useful function to just add to Macros to wait input / skip code if something has not been done (there was a similar function in Mach3 too).

Hence just looking for anthing that would be useful to Macro users (not plugin users as they will need to do some further c# study than what a Macro / machine operator creator should need to).

Yes the manual is very large now, mainly due to the fields (both in numeric and alphabetic orders....)

As always, thanks again.
Robertspark

Postby loesch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Robertspark, will you be updating the manual for the latest 1.2047 version? Seems to be some interesting stuff added.
loesch

Postby Robertspark » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:57 am

Yes, I've been busy on other things and watching from a distance.
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:11 pm

UCCNC Macro Manual has been udated to the current development release v1.2104

Available for download from googledrive here {or via my signature}:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... kdfQWRaYTg

Been a while since it was updated, few functions added , quite a number of fields, some button and LED codes.
Robertspark

PreviousNext

Return to User Documentation