My probing screen and macros

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: My probing screen and macros

Postby A_Camera » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:59 am

rdheiliger wrote:I just installed the MyScreenProbe today and found that the Z axes probing worked fine. But all the others ended with the error that the probe was active. Looking thru the macro code for the z axes zero and the others, one thing popped, the exec.Wait(10); is in all macros except for the z axes, which has exec.Wait(200). I changed all the wait commands from 10 to 200 in all of the other macros and now they all work.

I am running on a tablet that has a processor speed a little slower than the minimum required for uccnc. Thinking that the short wait times are are requesting updates too fast and crashing the subroutine, and the default error is probe was active.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. I don't have any slow computer or tablet to test this but I think that the exec.Wait(200) in Z probing is a leftover from the early development stage, so it is a sort of mistake. I have never heard anyone having this problem but it is good to know that it seems to be helping you out, so perhaps I'll dig out some slow XP pro computer in my home and install UCCNC on it to test this out and perhaps change everything to a better value than exec.Wait(10). Anyway, thank you for the heads-up.
A_Camera

Postby rdheiliger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:22 pm

A couple other things you may find useful, the tablet is an Irulu Walkenbook, 1.33 Ghz, running Windows 10, also am using an UC100 controller. Think i read that you have not tested on a UC100. Wondering if the USB has a higher latency time than ethernet.
rdheiliger

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:34 pm

It is likely because your probe does some "prell" which means that the contact does not switch from 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 cleanly, but it makes some 010101 and 101010 and it takes a little time for the probe to settle and because the UCCNC probing routine was maxed out for possible highest speed it probes quickly and so it is possible that your probe did not release when the next probing cycle already happens and so you get the error message that your probe input is active. Usually anti-prell routines in switches is adviced to be in the 20-40msec range, at least that is what is thought in the school. :) So 10msec might be too short.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby NikolayUA24 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:45 am

The program for editing Defaultscreenset.ssf ?
I use Google Translator.
NikolayUA24

Postby A_Camera » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:44 am

NikolayUA24 wrote:The program for editing Defaultscreenset.ssf ?

It is a text file so you can use any text editor, for example Notepad.
A_Camera

Postby Orazzaz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:44 am

It is likely because your probe does some "prell" which means that the contact does not switch from 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 cleanly, but it makes some 010101 and 101010 and it takes a little time for the probe to settle and because the UCCNC probing routine was maxed out for possible highest speed it probes quickly and so it is possible that your probe did not release when the next probing cycle already happens and so you get the error message that your probe input is active. Usually anti-prell routines in switches is adviced to be in the 20-40msec range, at least that is what is thought in the school. :) So 10msec might be too short.

can you post a screenshot please ..
i dont know which flie i need to change this with in ..

Omar
Orazzaz

Postby A_Camera » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:07 am

Omar, I don't understand the question and don't know what screenshot to post and why? Do you have any problems with the Probe macros?
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:50 pm

I have just published a video about the installation process of the Probe screen. I hope it helps some people out with the installation. I started with a fresh installation of UCCNC 1.2048 to get a clean start and followed the Probe screen installation manual to the letter, so if anybody is having problems with the installation it is because the manual is not followed, or some other type of installation error. The Probe screen works fine if done "by the book".

A_Camera

Postby gabi68 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm

This is very helpful, but... Can you make it conversational? What I mean by that is to have some fields for input the rough dimensions and probe after that. Also ti will be very useful if the screen can be used with tool table (maybe that is already working - did not tried myself).

Thank you
Gabi
gabi68

Postby A_Camera » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 pm

gabi68 wrote:This is very helpful, but... Can you make it conversational? What I mean by that is to have some fields for input the rough dimensions and probe after that. Also ti will be very useful if the screen can be used with tool table (maybe that is already working - did not tried myself).

Thank you
Gabi

Sorry, but the answer is no. I have limited time and this is what I can do. It is free to use or not, but I really can't spend time on it for free, since I would not need additional features. This is what I use and it works for me. In fact, I don't think I could find the time to do it at all, not even if somebody was prepared to pay me to do it. I have a full time job plus a family and a house to take care of. My full time job requires a lot more than 5 x 8 hours per week, I also do a lot of travelling because of my work, so the free time I have at home is filled with many other things. Other than that, I have a few other time consuming hobbies and activities, not just machining.

Sorry if this is not the answer you expected.
A_Camera

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Screensets