UCx00setup.exe install crashes Windows

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCx00setup.exe install crashes Windows

Postby asarangan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:48 pm

I just bought a UC100 dongle, however, the installation software (UCx00setup.exe) crashes my Windows 10 computer. When I mean crash, it completely destroys the Windows installation. This happens during the Parallel port installation step. It gives me a warning that the parallel port driver has not been signed, but if I proceed anyway, I get the blue screen of death. I am unable to reboot or do anything after that. I had to reformat and reinstall Windows from scratch. I did this twice with the same result. Luckily this was a new laptop, so I did not lose any important data.

This is a Windows 10 on a cheap laptop (RCA Cambio 10.1" 2-in-1 Tablet 32GB Intel Atom Z3735F Quad-Core Processor Windows 10).

Any thoughts on what is going on?
asarangan

Re: UCx00setup.exe install crashes Windows

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:00 pm

The UC100 is not a dongle, but a motion controller.

My first question is do you want to install the UCCNC software or Mach3?
Because if you want to install the UCCNC then you running the wrong installer, the UCx00.exe is to install the Mach3 plugin for the UC100, but I assume you trying to install the UCCNC, because this is the UCCNC forum. So, please let me know what you want to do?

The UCx00 setup installer as I've mentioned is the installer for the Mach3 plugin and the parallel port driver installation is only in the Mach3 installer.
What the UCx00 installer does is it installs the plugin for the UC100 or for our other motion controllers into Mach3, but for that ofcourse the Mach3 software has to be installed first.
The installer first checks if Mach3 is already installed or not and if it is not then it installs Mach3 first to be able to install the plugin into it as the next step and this is simply done with our installer starting the Mach3 installer.
And that is where your system collapses with blue death, it is basicly when the Mach3 installer is running, because the parallel port installation is in the Mach3 installer and not in the UCx00 installer.

I advice you to try to not install the parallel port driver in Mach3, because you do not need the parallal port driver when using the UC100.
If not installing the parallel port driver will not fix the issue then you could try contact machsupport.com, they are the producers of the Mach3 software and so only they could give you an answer about why the Mach3 installer giving you the blue death. Unfortunately we do not know what that installer is exactly doing, what and how it installs. Only the producers of the software who made it know the answer to this.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Greolt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:59 am

If it is Mach3 parallel port driver you are installing it will not work on 64bit OS. Don't even try.

It only works on 32bit OS
Greolt

Postby A_Camera » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:49 am

Greolt wrote:If it is Mach3 parallel port driver you are installing it will not work on 64bit OS. Don't even try.

It only works on 32bit OS

As far as I know, PP is not working at all under Windows 10, but Mach3 works well also under W10 64bit Pro.
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:55 am

asarangan wrote:I just bought a UC100 dongle...

It's not a dongle but a USB motion controller (assuming you haven´t bought an eBay fake product). It is connected to the USB port, not to the parallel port of the PC, so I don't think you need to install any PP drivers. Parallel port is not supported in W10, the last version is Windows 7 32 bit. So it is not clear what you are trying to do here and what you connected to the PC and how.
A_Camera

Return to Ask a question from support here