MODBUSEZ Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: MODBUSEZ Plugin

Postby Riese » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm

hi Alex, hi dan,

what i tried now.
i connected 2 pc's together. each one with usb-rs485 converter.
then i ran a terminalprogram on each pc
from the pc with uccnc i sent a command and received it on the other pc.
closed terminalprogramm on uccnc pc
configured modbusez plugin
restarted uccnc
pressed reset
startet spindle (cw and after that i tried ccw)
but i didn't get a Signal on the other pc (terminalprogram) -- it seems that uccnc did not send any char to the rs485 port.

as i mentioned i am a totaly Newcomer and not firm with hard and software
so, is there anything else to configure in uccnc?

MODBUSEZ: 1.5.4
UCCNC: 1.2047
DEVICE: UC400ETH
FIRMW.: 1.1350
API: 2.1320

thx in advance
udo
Riese

Postby alex_s » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 pm

update to the version i mentioned to be safe, and have you enabled PWM under spindle settings in uccnc
and to be sure you have not introduced any hw failures, wire the vfd to your cnc pc as you did when you sent the preformatted commands via terminal to the vfd and they worked.
be sure to check COM port settings in device manager and in the plugin.
alex_s

Postby Dan911 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Riese wrote:restarted uccnc
pressed reset
startet spindle (cw and after that i tried ccw)
but i didn't get a Signal on the other pc (terminalprogram) -- it seems that uccnc did not send any char to the rs485 port.

Hi Udo,

ModbusEZ plugin is sending byte array commands when UCCNC is first started, you wouldn't need to press cw or ccw to see if terminal program was receiving data.

Does your PowTran software have a polling option?? If yes try enabling and see if it still works.

I starting to suspect your problem could be with your RS485 adapter, I came across this before when it would work for a single line byte array but when multiple are sent the RS485 chipset can't handle it and don't work. ModbusEZ is polling it's commands at ms speed.

The RS485 converter that I haven't heard of failing yet is with the 340 chipset and driver. There's a link on Gerry's 2017 Screenset for one, I posted his link below.

http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/uccnc.html

Dan
Dan911

Postby Riese » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:00 am

hi dan, hi Alex,

thx a lot. you are the best. :D :D :D

now it works. the reason was the usb rs232 to rs485 Adapter.

for all who have the same Problem use the Adapter which is linked here: http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/uccnc.html

this is the one with the CH340 chip (will work)

the other one with 3 Connections has the CP210x Chip and will not work.

usb-rs485.jpg
usb-rs485.jpg (115.49 KiB) Viewed 15854 times

i am soooooo happy. thx for all the tips and time you spent.

regards
udo
Riese

Postby alex_s » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:46 am

good ;D

yeah in this thread and often on the internet it is mentioned to use the
CH340 , as it seems to work most often :D
alex_s

Postby dammogreen » Wed May 09, 2018 6:22 pm

I've been using the 2 wire CH340 with UCCNC 1.2047 modbus ex 15.4 , LSIS vfd

It runs ok once configured....

However many/most times if i shut down UCCNC and restart it the following happens:

1) Clockwise or clockwise spindle control WILL work and turn the spindle in the corresponding direction.
2) However the rpm will be about 10x times slower than the "S" commands tells it,also when this happens the amps/current feedback value won't be displayed.
...so there is some serial communication problem, but not a total failure.

To get it to work again I have to re-configure the MODbus EZ plugin in and select the com port again and then restart UCCNC (and re-select the com port in modbus EZ 1,2 or 3 times to get it to work again...
I don't change any of the other fields...just-reselect the com ports, because modbus ez requires it ...as it doesn't show that it remembers the com port....SHOULD IT?)

...any ideas why? I've played with the flow control in the device manager port settings, but doesn't seem to matter.
I've also removed power/reset the VFD without shutting down UCCNC and it doesn't help.
I've also disconnected the serial wires to the VFD without shutting down UCCNC and it doesn't help.
Only re-applying the com port within modbus ex config and restarting UCCNC several times fixes it.
Once that is done, VFD control works fine until I shut down UCCNC again..

You can see my origianal congfig here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=481&start=90
dammogreen

Postby Dan911 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:26 am

Hi Udo,

Showing the saved com port settings in ModbosEZ was something I neglected to do and I updated plugin to show them and can be found in post# 126 following link below. ModbusEZV15.5

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/uccnc-co ... nc-11.html

This wouldn't be your problem from what you described. The plugin has a checkbox for frequency resolution, when unchecked the frequency is sent 10x and when checked 100x. You should also have a setting in your VFD for this and make sure it corresponds with the ModbusEZ configure/vice versa.

I see you posted a link to your settings but a very long day and had my second glass of wine before reading this so will check tomorrow :?

Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:08 pm

dammogreen wrote:I've been using the 2 wire CH340 with UCCNC 1.2047 modbus ex 15.4 , LSIS vfd

It runs ok once configured....

However many/most times if i shut down UCCNC and restart it the following happens:

1) Clockwise or clockwise spindle control WILL work and turn the spindle in the corresponding direction.
2) However the rpm will be about 10x times slower than the "S" commands tells it,also when this happens the amps/current feedback value won't be displayed.
...so there is some serial communication problem, but not a total failure.

To get it to work again I have to re-configure the MODbus EZ plugin in and select the com port again and then restart UCCNC (and re-select the com port in modbus EZ 1,2 or 3 times to get it to work again...
I don't change any of the other fields...just-reselect the com ports, because modbus ez requires it ...as it doesn't show that it remembers the com port....SHOULD IT?)

...any ideas why? I've played with the flow control in the device manager port settings, but doesn't seem to matter.
I've also removed power/reset the VFD without shutting down UCCNC and it doesn't help.
I've also disconnected the serial wires to the VFD without shutting down UCCNC and it doesn't help.
Only re-applying the com port within modbus ex config and restarting UCCNC several times fixes it.
Once that is done, VFD control works fine until I shut down UCCNC again..

You can see my origianal congfig here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=481&start=90

Do you have more than 1 profile ? When your shutting down and restarting is it possible it's loading a different profile? Even though 15.4 didn't show saved com settings when returning to the configure window they were saved if saved settings button was pressed per instructions. Follow link in above post and seeing your saved settings my help narrow down to where your problem is.

Also you can go to your pro.file and read settings being loaded on startup on bottom of file. [ModbusEZ].

Dan
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 am

Also check your overridden percent is at 100%
Dan911

Postby dammogreen » Thu May 17, 2018 5:40 am

Problem just happened again, after working correctly for many cycles (ModbusEZV15.5)

ModbusEZ was working fine then I had to close UCCNC because of a different issue and re-start,.
After UCCNC started back up, the same problem with spindle speed being much lower than commanded occurred.
Profiles were as expected/correct and no spindle speed overides (100%)
I restarted UCCNC a few times, did not help.

Then I rebooted by Windows 10 computer.
The restarted UCCNC and MODBUS EX controlled spindle speed correctly.
Someday I will put a scope on the RS485, but don't have time at the moment.

Reminder: Clock wise and CCW commands work correctly, only the speed is off (many times lower than shown/commended by Sxxx, yes rpm overide is at 100%))
dammogreen

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins