Random RESET

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Random RESET

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Good catch Terry, yes it is possible that it is the problem.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby kim@moltved.dk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 pm

The problem is that it goto reset when in normal mode or running, if the probe is triggere when in normal nothing happend or in running nothing happend only when jog it stop. Of in reset mode(reset flash) it go in normal mode.
The latest screen dump is when the macine is in reset(reset flash), and it recive some kind of command.
I also have limit end switch on X and Y and you can see the text on the screen form start up before the JSP on for this and it is not showen on the screen after the JSP on, if it is the limit end switch then it will show a message as it is in a macro.
If i not have the receiver for the UCR200 in then i don't have the problem.
kim@moltved.dk

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:00 am

What are you using for a breakout board. If the BOB is hooked into the estop circuit then the resets could be coming from that.
Derek

Postby kim@moltved.dk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi

I have try to make a program logging all change from the UCR200, i use the VBdemo and only add function to write all change to a text file.
I have that program run on the machine computer and with the machine on.
In 24h there was no change even not a radio signal change, so i don't thing it is hardware, all point at the UCR200 plugin for UCCNC. And as the plugin is the only thet send reset with out poisting it in the log, the it only cane be the plugion.

I have aske before but get no answer, is it possibel to have the source for the UCR200 plugin? to see if i can find the problem there. I Work with making and error hunting software for laundry industrial machines in my daily Work.
kim@moltved.dk

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:36 pm

I'm sorry, but we can't share the source code of that plugin, because it could be used to reproduce the UCR200 pendant.
What I can offer you is what I wrote earlier is that we can take the device back and can check it for problems and also we can refund you.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby kim@moltved.dk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:29 pm

1. I have test the device with the VBdemo with add of only write to a file for every change of the 4 parameter from the UCR200 driver. So i have a log of all parameter change, i have left it for 24h with out any noice signal. That show that the ghost buttom press not is from the hardware. Mean that the UCR200 work.
2. When run UCCNC with out the plugin there is no problem.

So my conclution is that the problem can only be the UCR200 plugin! Then it not give any sens to send the UCR200 to You. Also when this problem is showing the UCR200 is not used. Then it can be the USB receiver but the test program not showing any problem there.

But if You can provide me a way to send the MPG step to the UCCNC (plugin), I have write the rest of the code for another plugin using the VBdemo and UCCNC plugin together. Then we can test if this have the problem.
kim@moltved.dk

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:32 pm

As I wrote earlier we can't reproduce the issue at us which makes me think that the issue is with the particular device you have.
As said you can send the device back and we can test it for problems. Also we can provide you with a refund.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby kim@moltved.dk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:43 pm

But can You provide me a way to send the MPG step to the UCCNC (plugin)?
I have write the rest of the code for another plugin using the VBdemo and UCCNC plugin together.
kim@moltved.dk

Postby A_Camera » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:15 am

kim@moltved.dk wrote:But can You provide me a way to send the MPG step to the UCCNC (plugin)?
I have write the rest of the code for another plugin using the VBdemo and UCCNC plugin together.

Perhaps you missed the question from Derek, but could it be that there is some kind of a problem with your BoB, configuration or wiring?
A_Camera

Postby kim@moltved.dk » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:00 am

I have make a lot of test, as the first thought is that this is some kind of noice on a input or on one of the power supply, but i have test this and not finding any problem there.
Then i get the information the i can see what reset it is in the statuslog, the only thing that not show a log is the UCR200 plugin and there was no log after this random reset. Then i remove the plugin and the problem disappeared.
I have now make a test with there SDK for the UCR200 and log all signal from there driver to a file with out having the UCCNC running, and for 24h there was no noice signal at all, that show that this is not the UCR200 hardware.
I have now make a plugin using the example plugin and the SDK to the UCR200 to make my owne plugin it due the same as the one from cncdrive it have now run for 24h with out any problem. The only thing is that the moving using the rotation buttom not is so smooth.

So my conclusion is that there is some problem with this UCR200 plugin on my setup, as cncdrive can't reproducer this.

This way i ask for a way to send MPG signal to the UCCNC using a plugin.
kim@moltved.dk

PreviousNext

Return to Report a bug