adjustable debounce settings - suggestion

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

adjustable debounce settings - suggestion

Postby Robertspark » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:17 pm

This is more of a suggestion than a request.

The smooth stepper has adjustable debounce, as can be seen from the following link as to how / what inputs are debounced
[url]
http://warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-mach3#Debounce[/url]

what is the default debounce within the UC controllers out of interest?

Not sure if anyone else will find use in this user accessible feature (will it sell more boards for you for the implementation aggravation)? .... probably not.
Robertspark

Re: adjustable debounce settings - suggestion

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:00 pm

The physical inputs filter (RC) constant with the -5LPT motherboard is approximately 20usec.
The controller samples 3 edges to validate the signals. I'm not sure about the time between the samples now.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby shad » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Just information...
Neuron controller has RC filter constant 120 uSec and controller samples 5 times (1000 uSec interval) to validate the signal from sensors. No sense to make it faster, because all discrete inputs has optocouplers which also has its own response time.
Only one input for THCOFF signal from CNC has 200 uSec sampling interval, because it's time sensitive for Hi-Speed cutting.
It's works perfect even with China cutters with HF pilot arc setup like LGK100 or LGK160. :)
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby cncdrive » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Andrew,

Yep, hardware + software debounce works the best. :)

For the plasma the 1000 usec is sure fine, but you know in the UCCNC there are functions which need faster inputs, for example the index signal for thread cutting, not only because it is a high frequency signal,
but because people often using incremental encoders and the index on that is mostly as narrow as a single pulse of the A and B channels.

And I agree with Rob, that adding adjustable time constant debounce is a really good idea and sooner or later, but we will implement it.
So far I did not hear about troubles because of the fixed debounce, so we did not hurry with this function yet.
Altough I know plasma is a real noisy application, so if this kind of problem happens I knew it will be the plasma.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ipmayerav » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:08 am

I have plasma cutter and some times have an issue with fake signals because i cannot change debounce interval. So the problem exists.
ipmayerav

Postby merrick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:33 am

Another vote for software adjustable rebounce
merrick

Postby Weerasak » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Rob had asked me about UB1 inputs latency long ago. Now I'm back to my electronic lab because I'm put things together for the upcoming UB1 daughterboard.
Below pictures shows a good characteristic of UB1 inputs.

Signal on isolation inputs X103-X110. it takes about 26 uSec to settle logic for UC300 and safety circuit.

Signals for others inputs (X111-115, X210-215, X310-315). Faster settle time with noise resistance.

Note, the yellow line is measured from mainland or rough side (I/O side, 24V level). The blue line is measured from an isolation island or clam side (uc300 control side, 5v level).
Weerasak
http://www.CNCRoom.com
UCCNC, UB1 Motherboard for UC300ETH
Weerasak

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 am

Adjustable software debounce was added to the features in UCCNC release 1.2101.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ijon » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:35 pm

cncdrive wrote:Adjustable software debounce was added to the features in UCCNC release 1.2101.

Thx! I think i need this feature very badly. This is why I just updated to 1.2113 - but unfortunately, the debounce-menu items just do not show up? What can I do? I just copied the default.pro File (and the license stuff) from the old version to the folder of the new version.

@cncdrive - what do I need to do to actually see the option, like on the screenshot in the manual - but not in my actual software. Thx a lot for your help in advance!

Cheers
ijon
ijon

Postby ijon » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:34 am

cncdrive wrote:Adjustable software debounce was added to the features in UCCNC release 1.2101.

Hi,
i've updated to 1.2113, because of a noise issue i wanted to try the new debounce features.

My issue is, that I can not see the settings for debounce - The fields to set them simply do not appear on screen. I've compared this to the manual, where the screenshot clearly shows these settings. What do I need to do, to see these features?

Thx a lot in advance

cheers
ijon
ijon

Next

Return to Feature Request