Dro change in feedhold

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Re: Dro change in feedhold

Postby Sword » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 am

I've been looking for a bit of information on this and landed here. Coming from a wood working standpoint, whether I do a feedhold or a cycle stop, I would really prefer that the Z axis would raise the tool out of the material. If I'm cutting MDF for example and am using vacuum, the last thing I want with either situation is to leave that bit spinning in the material.

I would like to see the option to raise out of the material to either a set safe Z height in current coordinates or to a specified height in machine coordinates such as just off the upper Z limit switch. This would be my preferred option for both feedhold and cycle stop. Feedhold being something minor needs attention and I can continue whereas cycle stop would be more serious, but not an emergency (like I need to keep an eye on this, but really need to go to the bathroom or something else that may take a bit longer). ;)

Scott
Sword

Postby Battwell » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:50 am

ive worked around this- as terry said- stop doesnt kill the process like mach 3.
press stop- the cutter stops/ motion decelerates to stop.
to resume press spindle on then cycle start once spindle is up to speed. no position loss
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Yes, Batwell is right. In the UCCNC the Stop button causes a controlled stop which means a stop using decceleration, not like in Mach3 where the stop causes an instant stop which can cause the stepper motors to loose steps and position.
So, you can use the Stop button to stop the motion execution and then you can do a new Cycle Start to continue, but ofcourse don't forget to turn the spindle on if required.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Feature Request