UCCNC not processing G-Code

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCCNC not processing G-Code

Postby jcarpenter2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Hello all, i am new to the forum but have been using UCCNC with a UC100 and Vectric for 2 years. Its been a couple weeks since i have used my CNC but when i went to use it today for an engraving it would not run the G-Code. I tried to run a few files but none of them would work even though when i opened UCCNC i was able to move all the axis. I would load a file and start it but it failed to run. After many hours of checking connections and numerous settings on my computer (i have everything on my computer set to not update and it has no wifi access). I then disconnected my Gecko 540 and opened UCCNC in Demo mode and tried to run the file and again it would not run though it would go through the first few lines of the header. I found on your forum where someone was talking about the M03 command and once i removed it, the file ran the g-code. Like i said above, i have been using this for two years, i have made no changes to any settings that i am aware of so why would the program all of a sudden stop at the bottom of the header and not run once it got to the rapid command? The line N150S0M03 has never given me an issue before as it is in all my previously created files. My version of UCCNC is 1.1027 which i thought about updating (not sure that would help) but could not find an update on the UCCNC site that i could download to a thumb drive in order to update. My computer for the CNC is a stand alone and i use a thumb drive to transfer the files to it, while my Vectric software is on a separate computer. I've tried to be as detailed as possible but from reading many of the post on this forum i'm nowhere near to your alls level so if i've left any pertinent information, just let me know. Thanks.

Here is the code with the last line being where it stops when i select start.
( Helmet )
( File created: Sunday January 14 2018 - 04:59 PM)
( for Mach2/3 from Vectric )
( Material Size)
( X= 14.000, Y= 11.000, Z= 0.500)
()
(Toolpaths used in this file:)
(Helmet)
(Tools used in this file: )
(14 = Diamond Drag Engrave {1/4" x 2", 90degree Tip})
N100G00G20G17G90G40G49G80
N110G70G91.1
N120T14M06
N130 (Diamond Drag Engrave {1/4" x 2", 90degree Tip})
N140G00G43Z0.8000H14
N150S0M03
N160(Toolpath:- Helmet)
N170()
N180G94
N190X0.0000Y0.0000F60.0
jcarpenter2

Re: UCCNC not processing G-Code

Postby jcarpenter2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Checked both and neither are selected.
jcarpenter2

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:13 pm

The spindle on delay time is not something you can select, it is a value you set on the spindle tab page, it has a value.
The software will wait (dwell) the amount of time set there. This time is in milliseconds except if you set the mentioned Measure time in sec instead of millisec checkbox on the general settings page.

So verify the dwell value on the spindle tab page and also when running the code you can check the Dwell LED which is next to the Stop button and also the software writes the time of the dwell currently ongoing and the Dwell LED turns on when a dwell is ongoing.

I can't think anything else than a dwell is set too high and is executed with the M3.

And your code runs OK here, I have just ran and tested it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby jcarpenter2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:10 pm

I thought the reference was for the "spindle relay output enabled" box, which is deselected. The time annotated in the M3 delay boxes is 1000 which i believe was the default as i have not messed with the spindle tab as i control my spindle manually with my VFD. When running any file, the dwell light does not come on. Like i mentioned earlier, i have not been in any of the settings lately and now out of the blue this M03 code is causing my machine to stop running the code. In reference to the snippet of code i posted earlier, my uccnc will run to the last line, it is the first movement that it will not execute ( on that specific file, N200G00X4.2419Y-3.5942Z0.2000 is the next line and the first movement.

On a side note:
I did also run into another issue and why i have no clue but it was minor hence the reason for not asking about it. I just started getting the "machine axis software limit was reached", which seemed strange since the "enable softlimits" was deselected. I think i fixed it though as i selected the "enable softlimits" saved it, closed the software, opened uccnc back up and then deselected the box and saved it. Closed the program again and then restarted uccnc and i haven't seen that error since.
jcarpenter2

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm

There is nothing else the M3 waits for then the dwell. Except if there is something else in the M3 macro file.
This is the code what is in there by default:

Code: Select all
exec.DospinCW();

I would first check the content of the M3.txt macro file in the profiles/macro folder.

If that's like the above code then:
Can you try to run any other M codes instead of M3, e.g. make an empty M300.txt macro file in the profile/macros folder and then replace the M3 with M300 in your g-code file.
Then test if the same stop happens.
If it does then it will be a Windows problem, I saw it a if I recall 2-3 times at customers when their Windows got messed up, especially the .net framework then the macros did not complile, the .NET inline compiler got broken and the compilation made an infinite wait as soon as the software tried to compile any macros.
If this is the case then you should try to repair the .net 2.0 framework and if that does not help then unfortunately I will have no other idea than to reinstall windows or do a system restore to a point where it was working ok.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby beefy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:28 pm

The only other possibility I can think of is somehow, THC has been enabled. After M3, UCCNC waits for an Arc OK signal before allowing XY moves if THC is enabled.

The tick box is on the Configuration / I/O Setup Page.
beefy

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:04 pm

Oh, yes, Keith is absolutely right, I totally forgot about the THC. If that it enabled then the UCCNC will wait for the Arc OK signal before starting motion.
So, you should really also check if the THC is enabled and make sure it is disabled.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here