Synchronous with motion macros for stand alone THC.

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Synchronous with motion macros for stand alone THC.

Postby shad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Hello!
So ended the holidays and it's time to work.
We've been using the UCCNC for more than a year, but we do not have a macro that would allow us to control the digital output for THC ON/OFF for stand alone THC in sync with the motion.
Now we use different tricks to have this capability with macros M205/M206 that are intended for internal THC and using these commands make impossible to use the moveback on arc lost on holes, corners (where THC is OFF).
M10/M11 - we use this macros for fast On/Off control of the plasma cutter, for example turn off torch before end of cut. Also M10/M11 works between M3/M5 and any time this is a problem for CAM program to put M10/M11 after M3 - they like to put M10/M11 before M3 (for example if AVC control turned off on full cutting circle or part)

We still NEED another ONE synchronous with motion command for control output pin from g-code.

It's will be great if:
- this command can control output pin in the IDLE state - this is very useful during system setup and allow easy control AVC (Automatic Voltage Control) logic any time, not only when program running.
- this command can control output pin synchronous with motion independent from M3 and M5 - like now works M205/M206;

In any case, I propose to discuss this.
Thank you!
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Re: Synchronous with motion macros for stand alone THC.

Postby beefy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:47 pm

shad wrote:Now we use different tricks to have this capability with macros M205/M206 that are intended for internal THC and using these commands make impossible to use the moveback on arc lost on holes, corners (where THC is OFF).

Hi Andrew,

I'm trying to understand what you mean.

I see that the Neuron post processor for Sheetcam enables THC via M205 before each pierce, and I believe this is so UCCNC will hold motion until the Neuron passes an Arc OK signal to UCCNC. However, if M206 (THC off) is given, to disable AVC in Neuron, then UCCNC will allow motion to commence immediately when M3 command is run in gcode.

Therefore, am I correct in saying you need an independent synchronous output to command the Neuron Lite to enable/disable AVC, and you will no longer use the sychronous output that comes from M205. However, you will always use M205 (UCCNC THC on) so that UCCNC always waits for Arc OK from Neuron before allowing motion.

Am I understanding the problem correctly ?

Thanks,

Keith.
beefy

Postby shad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello Keith!
I am now rework UserManual for UCCNC and hope in near time finish.
Yes, of course Neuron has ability to restart cut after arc lost issue in manual and automatic mode and it's work very good. But I always try to do controller better. You know about latency ~15-30 msec on arc lost. On the Hi speed cutting this is a few millimeters. Also Restart for me or you in this case is not a problem - we very good know how it worked.
But I have a modification of the Neuron THC controller in my domestic market for big industrial machines and some time operator can't make it correctly. I come across this very often and I hope you understand me:) Just I want to make cut recovery easy as possible and moveback on arc lost in this case will be very useful, because we just need to restart from current position.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby beefy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Andrew,

I've think I've been thinking wrong.

I believe you are talking about the UCCNC built in feature where the torch automatically moves back to the position the arc was lost, and this only works when THC in UCCNC is enabled.

So for small holes where we normally disable THC, we need UCCNC internal THC enabled (M205), but Neuron AVC disabled via a new independent synchronous output from UCCNC.

Balazs, any thoughts, possible ??

Keith.
beefy

Postby shad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Yes, correct.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi Andrew,

So, please confirm if it is OK if we add one additonal syncronous output which could be switched with e.g. M10.1 and M11.1 ?
The output would work the same as the M10/M11.
And the output would not depend on M3/M5.
Would it be OK for you if we do this?
Are there any other extra requirements or anything what I'm not aware of from your description?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby shad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Hello Balazs!
I am very sure that it would be enough.
I am ready for testing :)
Thank you!
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby shad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 am

Also it's will be great to add LED in the diagnostic for this signal.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:31 am

A LED for a motion syncronous signal could not be too useful in my opinion,
because it can't be realtime since there is a motion and a communication buffer in between the LED and the signal.
However since it acts on an output pin the LED of the output pin is still there, but ofcourse that's the same way not realtime.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby shad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:05 am

Hello Balazs!
Yes, this led only for diagnostic and setup. Not need to real time operations.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Next

Return to CNC Plasma