UCCNC "Run from here" Safe Speed extremely slow

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

UCCNC "Run from here" Safe Speed extremely slow

Postby Portaler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello,

due to a loss of connection to the computer, I've needed to run from a specific line in the code. This shouldn't be a problem as I can use the "start from here" function.

This works, however it appears that the software moves to the previous line coordinates and goes from there.

The problem is it does this at mega-slow speed. Probably something like 1mm/min or so.

Question : where can I change this in the settings ? I found Safe height, which I changed to 10mm to reduce the distance to be moved at safe speed. But I'd prefer to change the safe speed.
Portaler

Re: UCCNC "Run from here" Safe Speed extremely slow

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm

You can set the preparation movement feedrate on the initial movement preparation window. You can also set a checkbox if you want rapid feedrate for the movement.
I've attached a printscreen with the setting marked red.
Attachments
RFH_speed.png
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Portaler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks, I managed to find the rate there on that screen that pops up. It is in some sort of different unit, so I had to trial and error it, then ended up losing my coordinates and the job was wrong. Bad day today.

I don't get the same pop up screen as you showed though ?? I thought I had the latest version ? Although I must say my pop up window never shows the full information. The buttons are usually chopped off at the bottom, however still functional.

It could be that i am missing out of info, like the checkbox you mention for rapid feedrate.

Any suggestions there ?
Portaler

Postby Portaler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Today is not a good day. I did succeed in doing one full job OK.

Then when I went to start a new job I thought I should home the system. Normally that always moves the machine vertically up until the sensor is activated, then to the left for X direction sensor then to the back of the machine for Y. It's always done this.

Now when I go to home the system the spindle moves vertically down ?? I tried for the other directions, they all move in the opposite direction to that which is normal. I have no idea why this would suddenly do this.

I assume it is a X,Y,Z direction setting, however I didn't change anything and I have no idea where to correct this.......getting exasperated with this machine and software.
Portaler

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:57 am

If your machine units and directions of the axes where correct previously and you did not make any changes in the settings and now they not correct then you ran the wrong profile file, not the same what was setup for your machine.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software