Conversational Wizards

Discuss the creation and usage of Wizards

Conversational Wizards

Postby Vmax549 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Is anyone interested in Conversational Wizards for UCCNC ???

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Re: Conversational Wizards

Postby andrewbishop66 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi
If you mean like the ones like in mach 3

Then very much so I really miss things like thread milling, pocket milling, hole centre, hole pattern ect it not that I cant do these things anymore it just means I have to model them in fusion first which is a pain
Had even considered cutting and pasting to notebook out of mach 3 as I also had a newfangled wizard

If on the other hand, you mean something else then I don't know

Thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby bennyhines70 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm

I would like this option,I think it would make uccnc alot better. Easier and quicker to do basic operations.
bennyhines70

Postby alex_s » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 am

Aye the standard things would be nice like pocket, face off, hole pattern etc.
alex_s

Postby needleworks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 am

For sure, I would certainly like to see wizards in UCCNC, it's one of the things I miss from using Mach3.
needleworks

Postby Vmax549 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:43 pm

There are 3 basic ways they can be done.

Plugins ( Runs outside of UCCNC core and is linked to the core, Compiled code safe from prying eyes)

Page additions to UCCNC ( A new page is created in teh screenset and teh Wiz it build on teh page, It runs in teh CORE, uncompiled code easily copied )

Macro version ( Runs int eh macro environment of UCCNC )

It will be best to build them in the way that is easiest for teh USER to deal with them such as loading, selecting and running teh Wiz. There are pluses and minuses with each version.

Another feature to look at is to build them in a way that you can create a part using multiple Wizards and create a part. Each Wiz can append its code into teh Master Gcode file.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi Terry,
I messed with this a little sometime back when you explained the difference to me between wizards and plugins. I got most of the base work done and managed to write a simple create a circle wizard but than kinda got put on the back burner. It's a bit primitive now but I think it has the potential of a handy plugin. Would appreciate any suggestions on different direction or approach.

Has a text file in zip that has to be put in the plugin folder also, if your plugin folder isn't "C:\UCCNC\Plugins" that it won't work, I never got around to making an editable configure setup.

Wizard.zip

EDIT:
Forgot, you need to create a button and give it a labelnumber 6333
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Hiya Dan , You have teh right idea. You may want to do a showup() event so it will show up and run from teh config window. As is you can only start it up from a button call not teh Plugin menu.

Teh idea is to be able to use them without modifying your screenset unless you are creating a PAGE type app then you have to build a new screen page to display them.

NOW if UCCNC is going to support Wizards then they can provide teh Wizard page in their screensets. But until then there is no easy way to have a Wizards Menu.

Plugin Wizs can be menu driven as they have named files Circle.DLL for instance. Macro style can ONLY be loaded from a Mcode and that leaves you with no description of what it is. M9923 ( CircleWiz). I did figure out a menu system for macros but it is a little clunky.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:14 pm

I intended to use the configure(plugin menu) window for setup such as for file path and buttonnumber choice and any other setup options that came along. I agree I would like to see a full page set also, what I originally was trying to achieve was something similar to Mach 3 wizards, click a button for menu of wizards and choose from there.

I also agree it would be nice to be able to just add a wizard without having to upgrade plugin. Have to give that some thought, I could call a macro with wizard choice but like you said it makes it somewhat limited.

BTW the silly wizard "create a circle" I used a int for diameter so if goes to decimals it won't work.

Fixed it here if any1 wants to check it out.

Wizard.2.zip
Dan911

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Dan,

You can use this class to read/write ini files. It works fine for me. To access the Plugins folder without fixing "C:\UCCNC" (where I never had UCCNC :)) use this:

Code: Select all
IniFile myIni = new IniFile();
string myIniFile = Application.StartupPath + @"\Plugins\yourfilename.ini";
dezsoe

Next

Return to Conversational Wizards