That one is tricky : allow rought repositionning of stock

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

That one is tricky : allow rought repositionning of stock

Postby sebmay » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Hello happy taxpayers,

My problem is this : i have to mount and dismount the stock many times between machining steps.

I cannot rely on marks or fixed apparels. Every job is of a different stock form.

Imagine : i drop a stock on a vacuum table. The stock is now relatively indefinite in XY, and in orientation.
For the sake of simplicity, we will suppose the Z is reliabely flat and constant. But later, i will mix this with the autoleveler....

For now, in CAMBAM, i wrote a plugin who allows the user to probe 3 points (2 on X and 1 on Y or 2 on y and 1 on x), compensate the diameter of the probe OR compensate the distance of a camera.
look at : http://www.briosoft.com/spip.php?rubrique13

I would like to incorporate this in UCCNC.

The problem is this : i would like to get a way to rotate-translate the job.
A kind of :
M88888 Xnnn Ynnn Annn Bnnn Cnnn Dnnn Ennn // 2 on Y one on X

I can provide the formulas : my plugin is working very well.

OR i need a gcode interpreter in C#. I used to be a guru of Lex and Yacc, but i do not want to reinvent the wheel.
sebmay

Re: That one is tricky : allow rought repositionning of stoc

Postby X3msnake » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:39 pm

If you can get the xy origin from a probe and the skew angle you can then open the gcode on

G-code ripper (open source python) and apply a plane rotation to your file and reopen it on uccnc

I dont know how one could implement g-code ripper as a plugin maybe with the c bindings plugin one can use cython and do a directish port/implentation?
X3msnake

Postby cncdrive » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 pm

This question was originally asked in March which was before the UCCNC had the G68 coordintate system rotation implemented.
You do not really need any 3rd party tools to do this in the UCCNC now, just apply a G68 rotation with the rotation point and angle parameters.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby X3msnake » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:59 pm

cncdrive wrote:This question was originally asked in March which was before the UCCNC had the G68 coordintate system rotation implemented.
You do not really need any 3rd party tools to do this in the UCCNC now, just apply a G68 rotation with the rotation point and angle parameters.

I'm sorry i misread your post on the G68 implementation. Gotta check what version of the software I am using since i tried doing a MDI command and it did not work and when i saw these posts unanswered i assumes this was still not implemented.

Thank you for clarifying
X3msnake

Postby cncdrive » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:27 am

Well, the G68 works via the MDI too, but ofcourse it will not update the toolpath. Why? Because reloading the toolpath can take even minutes depending on the size of the g-code file which long time is ofcourse not acceptable every time you apply a different G68.
So, applying a G68 in MDI will apply the rotation and the tool will move according to the rotation if you will then execute motion, but the drawing in the toolpath viewer will only change/rotate if you reload the toolpath with the reload button or if you load the file again with the load file button.
Or you can add the G68 in the g-code file and then if you load the file then the rotation will be always seen.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby X3msnake » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:38 am

I see :)

now it makes sense, i'll try it tomorrow, thanks for the explanation
X3msnake

Return to Feature Request