Start up problem

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Start up problem

Postby cncdrive » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:54 pm

So, perhaps the Vista plugin is somehow interfering wioth the Constructor macro?

Yes, that is the same what I though. And my other thought was that maybe their save routine interfering with the Destructor macro or with the Custom fields saving.
But I looked all of these through and I don't see any possibility for that, however I don't see what the plugin is doing ... what I tested was is I saved stuff from a plugin and also saved stuff with the destructor macro the same time and debugged that and it works all OK. I also tested the 2017 screenset for saving and loading things back and that also works fine.
So, there must be something in the plugin which causes the issue, but I have no idea yet about how.

It would be one useful info though to know what I mentioned previously is to check if the keys not save or if they save just not loading back. Knowing this would narrow the location of the issue to the saving or loading part.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby markcadcam » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:57 pm

I unchecked the Vista plugin box and I still have to start UCCNC twice to get it not to run in demo mode.
markcadcam

Postby ger21 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:01 pm

It would be one useful info though to know what I mentioned previously is to check if the keys not save or if they save just not loading back. Knowing this would narrow the location of the issue to the saving or loading part.

In the 2010 Screenset, the checkbox state is not stored in the profile, so it has to be an issue with the Constructor macro. I read the state of the actual checkboxes, and update my checkbox "buttons" from that info.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:11 pm

I unchecked the Vista plugin box and I still have to start UCCNC twice to get it not to run in demo mode.

I can't reproduce this issue. I've tried with using random profile and also using your profile using a UC300-5LPT USB controller. So, I don't know why is this happening at you and I don't know how to figure it out without being able to reproduce it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby markcadcam » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 pm

I understand. It's not the end of the world if I have to start the program twice. I just wanted to make you aware of it. Maybe down the road we'll figure it out.
markcadcam

Previous

Return to Report a bug