Changes using the screen editor not saving

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Changes using the screen editor not saving

Postby JeffS » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi

I've just started using UCCNC and I find the run screen quite cluttered and I'd like to remove some of the stuff I don't use with a view to moving the jog controls onto the front screen. I've figured out editing the background screens, and can delete and resize buttons using the built in editor, however every time I restart UCCNC the buttons I edited revert to their default sizes and positions and the ones I delete reappear. It appears that the changes are not being saved in the profile.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Has anyone done a tutorial for screenset editing, I've tried my best Google skills but can't find anything. The manual kind of glosses over the subject and the editor is anything but intuitive but it would be great to be able to tune the interface to suit my machine and how I work, rather than have to adapt to how the default UI expects me to work. The pop out jog screen is my main dislike, I use a touchscreen and the pop out is a P.I.T.A.
JeffS

Re: Changes using the screen editor not saving

Postby cncdrive » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:54 pm

You have to save the screenset with the Save screenset button on the Screen editor window File tab page.

There is option to turn off automatic jog panel pop-out, Configuration/Appearance/Disable automatic jogpanel popup checkbox.
If disabled then the jog panel pops out only when the panel is clicked.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Changes using the screen editor not saving

Postby JeffS » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks, I'd missed the check box to disable the pop-out, that helps a lot.
JeffS

Return to Custom Screensets