Help! Machine not responding in UCCNC

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Help! Machine not responding in UCCNC

Postby crashband » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 am

I think I isolated the issue...

When I set up the windows network for static IP in IPV4 settings and then mirror those settings in the UCxxx_util.exe, I get an IP Conflict message which windows then automatically assigns a new IP.

Trying to figure out how to disable autoconfiguration IPV4 right now so that the static remains.
crashband

Postby crashband » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 am

pretty sure it is IP conflict and windows autoconfigures to another IP.

I just received the following window from UCxxx_util.exe
Error! The device does not respond. Error code: 8
crashband

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 am

Yes, sure, you should not "mirror" the settings, because then your LAN card's IP will be the same as the IP of the UC300ETH which is not OK, that is an IP conflict.
Please reread the UC300ETH manual and you will see that the settings are not mirrored, but the UC300ETH with the subnet mask is in the range of the LAN card's IP address, the 2 IPs are not the same!
To fully understand this you can read after IP addresses and networking, I mean to read some tutorial over the internet,
but to make the UCCNC with UC300ETH to work you do not have to understand it at all, for that you only have to follow the manual and make the settings like in the manual.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby crashband » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:39 am

When I follow the manual and have set it up, I get the connection OK! prompt.

However, UCCNC starts straight into demo mode and prompts me that no valid license key detected with no device selection
crashband

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:44 am

Then your connection is OK, the UCCNC can connect to the UC300ETH without problems, it can read the serial number of the device, but it is not matching to any license key files you have.
Make sure the name of the license key file is UCCNClicense_serialnumber.txt, I mean make sure to not rename the file and to not rename the file externsion.
What the UCCNC is looking for is all the files which have the "UCCNClicense" text in the filename and a .txt file extension. The software reads all of these files as possible license key files.
The file name is case sensitive, it has to be typed as I typed it down...
And the license key file has to be in the ...UCCNC/ folder directly, subfolders are not checked for license keys.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:48 am

Also you can post your license key file to let me check and tell me the serial number of the device. Then I will read the serial number out of the license key file to see if the file is OK and if the encrypted serial number in it matching your device.
Because it is also possible that the file got broken while sent through email or when you downloaded it and I can test it for these problems.
You don't have to afraid to post the file here, because that license file only works with one motion controller, the one with the serial number it was released for.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:41 am

I received your PM with the license file and I verified and the license file is OK, it is not broken, it reads back the licensee name as CNC4PC.
But it does not matches the serial number of your UC300ETH.
The serial number of the license key is CD104A and on the picture you posted in the first post in this thread the serial number on your motion controller is CD10A4.
So, the serial numbers are not the same is why it is not working. CD104A not equals CD10A4
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby crashband » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:45 am

So does this mean there is someone out there experiencing the same issue as me? :lol:

Will email CNC4PC for correct file. Thanks
crashband

Postby crashband » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks for everything. The wrong license file was the root cause.
crashband

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here