Add LED to 2017 screen set

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Add LED to 2017 screen set

Postby andrewbishop66 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi all
I have one of the HB04 pendants and it works ok the only problem I have with it is you toggle through continuous, continuous mpg single mpg , multi mpg with one button and the status is shown on the pop out side panel in uccnc how do I go about adding led to the run screen so I can see which status the mpg is in is there an idiots guide

I found the screen editor and thought copy that tick mark box and put it on the screen but no I can't do that can someone point me to some instructions or idiots guide

Thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Re: Add LED to 2017 screen set

Postby ger21 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Start the screen editor.

Hold down the Shift key, and click the Run tab to change to the run screen.

In the Editor, select the Create/Delete tab. Click the LED box. An LED will be created behind the toolpath display. You should be able to see the bottom edge, and be able to drag it down and drag to where you want it.

In the Editor, click the "Selection" tab. Make sure the new LED has a red flashing square around it. If not, click on it.

LED numbers are as follows:
MPG Continuous = 152
MPG Single = 153
MPG Multi = 154

For a green LED, use picturenumber 72
For red, use picturenumber 73
Set the size to 24 high, 24 wide.

Click Apply settings.

Select the File tab in the editor, and Save Screenset.

Make a copy of the 2017.ssf file before you start.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby andrewbishop66 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks for taking the time to explain that just the help I needed

Thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 pm

And a fast way to create a new LED is to copy an existing one and just change the LEDnumber property to the ones Gerry adviced.
You can copy the LED with selecting the LED in screen editor mode with clicking on the LED and then on the Screen editor window on the Create/delete tab page press the Copy selection button,
so you will get a new instance of the LED and then go back to the Selection tab page on the Screen editor and change the LEDnumber and Apply settings on the bottom of the Screen editor window.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby andrewbishop66 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks, Guys you would not believe how much easier this has made using my HB04 pendant

Great support from you both

Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby Greolt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:59 am

cncdrive wrote:And a fast way to create a new LED is to copy an existing one and just change the LEDnumber property to the ones Gerry adviced.
You can copy the LED with selecting the LED in screen editor mode with clicking on the LED and then on the Screen editor window on the Create/delete tab page press the Copy selection button,
so you will get a new instance of the LED and then go back to the Selection tab page on the Screen editor and change the LEDnumber and Apply settings on the bottom of the Screen editor window.

How do I copy an existing button? Then get that copy to another page or layer?

For example the "Continous" button on the flyout screen. I want to place a copy on some space I have made where the Logo is now.

Copy the existing button is easy. But how to get that copy to layer No. 1? (I think) Or any other layer?
Greolt

Postby dezsoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 am

Select the LED (or button etc.) and on the selection tab change layernumber to the layer you need.
dezsoe

Postby Greolt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:00 am

I tried that a number of times. The button just seems to disapear. The can't be found.

No idea what I am doing wrong.
Greolt

Postby dezsoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 am

Do you set the correct layer number? I don't have 2017 screenset so I don't know the layer numbers, but you can click on an object that is on the wanted layer and check its layer number.
dezsoe

Postby ger21 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Select the LED that you want to copy, then go to the Selection tab in the screen editor and make note of the layer it's on. Then, from the Create/Delete tab, click"Copy Selection". Then, immediately go back to the Selection tab, and make sure the layer is the same. Change it if required, and click Apply. If you can't see it, it may be possible that it's behind something. In that case, change the X or Y value to move it somewhere that you can see it.

I've found that when creating new elements, that they are inserted at the center of the screen. My toolpath window covers the center of the screen, and they end up behind it. So, I use the same technique. Create new element, then go to Selection tab and immediately move it out from under my toolpath window by editing the X or Y value.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Next

Return to Custom Screensets