Put my name on the list for lathe users

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Put my name on the list for lathe users

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:42 pm

So my lathe has been running with some old Gecko 340's I had laying around for years. They did fine for the bulk of the stuff I do which is in house items. I'm now branching out and doing more expensive things and it was time to upgrade the drives. And of course it didn't stop there:) So now I have 2 of my old Dugong drives with a C62 BOB and a UC-300 motion controller. My plan was to run the mach plugin until there is a UCCNC turn version. And that is still the plan until there is diameter mode at the least.

A word of warning though. The UC-300 USB plugin corrupts some of the DRO's in the built in turn wizards and renders them useless. Nothing is ever simple is it:)

Derek
Derek

Re: Put my name on the list for lathe users

Postby Derek » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 am

Vmax549 wrote:Hi Derek , UCCNC interferring with wizard DROs is odd because mach3 wizard DROS are unique to teh wizard not Mach3. You could also simply change teh DRO number in the wizard to something else. Just match teh code to teh new dro Number.

(;-) TP

I thought it was strange too so I did a clean install of Mach, checked the wizard,then installed the plugin and the wizard was corrupted.

You could also simply

No Terry YOU could simply. You know it would take me a whole day just to figure out how to edit the DRO:)

Derek
Derek

Postby woffler » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:20 am

I am like you i have purchased two either net boards and have been running my mill for a year or two ,running Mach 3 until it is released .
I can not wait :mrgreen:
woffler

Postby Derek » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 am

If I just had diameter mode I'd be able to do most everything.
Derek

Postby markcadcam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 pm

I too am interested in the UCCNC lathe software. I have a Hardinge HNC lathe I converted about 8 years ago using Deskcnc. With UCCNC working so well on my mill I think it would work equally as well on a lathe.
Mark
markcadcam

Postby bpratl » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:01 pm

I also would like to use a diameter mode for turning like Mach3
UC400ETH,W7 - lathe G0602
UC300ETH/M44B/C62 - mill G0619 - 4 axis (in process)
bpratl

Postby Kishmul » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 pm

You can add my name also.
Kishmul

Postby markcadcam » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:54 pm

When might the Lathe software be ready for testing? Any idea on when?
markcadcam

Postby Robertspark » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:22 pm

I dont think it will be any time soon

At present the development work is on g41/g42 tool offset compensation.

There is also an improved trajectory planner that has been mentioned (but that may be a little distance away too).

With regards to lathe, what do you feel is missing that could be had to make cnc turning function if not fully but at least partially so that the development path can at least begin.

being a novice, i would have said what is needed is G95 (feed per rev mode) as a starting point.

It may be useful for those interested in a lathe function / turning to list what g and mcodes they see as essential to a turning operation to get up and running, and then those that are nice to have so they can be worked toward and development releases adding the additional g-codes in could be done more easily in stages because like I said I don't think you'll get a full lath / turning package any time soon, but a roadmap of what users deem essential / required + nice to have can at least allow for some meaningful votes on what everyone sees as a priority and then CncDrive could priorities development.

lathe users seem to be a small percentage in terms of router, mill and even plasma uses but once its an untapped market for cncdrive at present, hence if you can do anything to list what you want and meaningfully vote for it it could I expect be prioritized.
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Out of this list of Mach3 gcodes for turning, what is missing?
http://www.helmancnc.com/mach3-turn-g-code-list/
Robertspark

Next

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)