Best CAM and CAD for UCCNC?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Best CAM and CAD for UCCNC?

Postby genuine » Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:20 pm

Have bought UC300ethMax to retrofitting my SCM Record 220 machine.
Its a router with alot of I/O that have ATC spindle with turret that holds 10 tools, also have drilling unit head with option of 5 vertical and horizontal drilling.

I was bussy with cleaning and setting up the machine and didnt think much about software, now I see it will not go that easy with all things I wanted to use it for so need and advice what CAM and CAD software to chose. (Solidworks,fusion..?)

For start 3 axis machining with manual tool replacement is acceptable, but idea was 3+4.axis(rotation chuch), full ATC, drilling unit, laser engraver and plasma cutting, all on same machine.
genuine

Re: Best CAM and CAD for UCCNC?

Postby Tweakie.CNC » Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:25 am

A lot depends on personal preference but a good 'all rounder' is Vectric Aspire.

Tweakie.
Tweakie.CNC

Re: Best CAM and CAD for UCCNC?

Postby genuine » Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:33 pm

I watched tutorial, seems like pretty simple program that am going to use.
Do you recommend something different for plasma?

For this machine preference is reliability and precision but I was hoping for much more from 6axis controller, think automatic tool change should be in basic options.
From what can see post processing is main problem here and that we can just dream about 4-5axis machining unless we hire a professional to make PP for us or we "simply" buy 50000$ profi machine with already made postprocessors for some of the programs.
genuine

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software