tool offset hard to make it work

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: tool offset hard to make it work

Postby bhdavis » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:12 am

Yes, and it will re-record it as T1 with the new length when it is measured by the fixed probe. But you have to enable the tool length chart and set up your M6 macro to do this.

Even without an ATC you can still use the system by setting the pickup location at a point where you want the spindle to go for your manual load.

Or you can get a Rapidchange ATC very inexpensively and add it to your router. www.rapidchangeatc.com\

BH
bhdavis

Postby chrisdax » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:42 am

ahh ok i think it's clear now, thank

you very much, i will try very soon
chrisdax

Postby bhdavis » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:23 am

Excellent.

My Rapidchange ATC is a 6-postition tool holder and my fixed touch down probe is mounted next to the tool rack. If I tell the router to pickup any tools between T1 and T6 the spindle goes over to the tool rack and grabs the correct one. Then it moves to the fixed probe and measure it. That measurement then gets recorded in the tool chart. This way the software knows what tool I have in the router and its length.

If I type T9 then the software is set up for the spindle to NOT got to the ATC rack but rather over by the side of the table so I can manually load a bit that I don't have in the tool rack. After I do the manual load I hit "OK" and the spindle goes over to the fixed probe and touches down. So the software now knows how long the manually loaded bit is in relation to the others. As such I have 7 bits getting recorded in the tool length chart in UCCNC. T1 through T6 plus T9.

So in your case you just set the T1 and T2 ATC pickup locations as at the side of the table. Everything else works just like you actually had an ATC.

Here is a link to my YouTube channel showing the Rapidchange ATC in operation on my router.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRcDQ0r4SEI

BH
bhdavis

Postby chrisdax » Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:22 pm

i finally found a good M31 macro, working very well for me ( for manual tool change and auto tool offset )

here : https://www.cncdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3039#

thanx ;-)

Chris
chrisdax

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software