Integrating a Torchmate AVHC (Blue Screen) with UCCNC?

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Integrating a Torchmate AVHC (Blue Screen) with UCCNC?

Postby evanevery » Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:13 pm

I have an older Torchmate (2"x4') Plasma Table with all the Torchmate electronics (including their motion controller). A Hypertherm 45 plasma cutter is paired with their "blue screen" AVHC. I haven't used it for years...

As I have become more comfortable with UCCNC, I would like to be able to use my AXBB-E based motion controller with the Torchmate Table and Torchmate AVHC (thereby eliminating the Torchmate Motion Controller entirely). This would eliminate the need to use (and re-learn) the Torchmate Motion Control software. I also have a personal investment in learning how to create and integrate custom UCCNC macros.

Anyway...

The wiring on the Torchmate AVHC appears to consist of something different than the Up, Down, Arc signals I see documented for other AVHC controllers. I expect I could just use a different AVHC (with a suitable Hypertherm interface), but I'm curious if its possible to use the existing TM AVHC and and of the benefits (?) it may provide...

Has anybody integrated a Torchmate AVHC with UCCNC?
evanevery

Return to CNC Plasma