Probing Help

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Probing Help

Postby Chaz » Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:20 pm

Hi all,

I have recently got my machine up and running with UCCNC and reasonably happy with the results.

I am struggling to understand some of the probing. Ive read through the 'manual' that pops up and watched a few vids however still struggle with understanding how to use properly.

I would like to do a few things:

1. Simple probing, find the centre, find the sides. I do try and use the default screenset probing however I get an error saying that once the probe has 'made', it wont release and gets 'stuck'. Ive once been able to get one of the probing routines to work, however not reliably. In this case, it is to probe a random location, I assume I use the top options that offer various probe entry points?

2. Tool measurement. If I connect a second device, I Can set this as Probe 2. Can this be set as a fixed coordinate location for tool length measurement?

3. Automatically update the offsets, I dont have an ATC, so tool changes are manually (into a ISO 30 taper), so once Tool 1 is set, it remains fixed until an endmill is replaced etc. Are there any built in macros or products that I can buy / use for this purpose?

Thanks
Chaz

Re: Probing Help

Postby Chaz » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:24 pm

Sorry, also wanted to add that I get a lot of 'machine not homed' despite it having been homed. Not sure if its a checkbox missing somewhere. Perhaps a bit more complex as its 5 axis however each axis is homed before I try probe.
Chaz

Re: Probing Help

Postby Chaz » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:40 pm

Just watching another vid, it looks like not having a diameter of the probe will cause an issue. Didnt know where to set it, so that's a good start.
Chaz

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software