Power supply for UC300 and HDBB2 boards

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Re: Power supply for UC300 and HDBB2 boards

Postby serlancelot » Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:13 pm

One question....is the UCNC demo functional with the board? I could rule out whether it is a mach3 problem, if it works with the other application even if it has limits, but it does work and it doesn't disconnect at any time...
serlancelot

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:16 pm

No, it does not, you need a UCCNC license key for that.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby serlancelot » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:06 pm

Hello, I downloaded it and I saw that it was a demo without any function. The truth is that I don't know where to look anymore... the grounds are all connected, the power supply is new, I do everything just with the power supply from the controller and nothing else... could it be because of the UC firmware? There is nothing more to touch in the last test I carried out, it was running for almost 1 hour then the error came out and the blue LED on the board flashes every second.
serlancelot

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:20 am

I think it is noise issues.
Did you try what I told you? To test the connection without the motor drives and VFD etc. connected to the board?
Did you try to place a grounding wire directly between the PC chassis and the UC300USB ground?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby serlancelot » Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:35 pm

Hello, thank you, I only have the 3-axis drivers connected to the board (with the independent sources turned off), the emergency button and the limit switches connected to the board, all of them are connected through the HDBB2, and the rest of the UC300 USB outputs do not have anything connected yet. In the image I attached, the ground is connected to the outer holes (red), those are connected to ground, on the contrary, the green ones are not connected to ground. Where do you mention putting the cable, red or green? What is the latest version of the UC300 USB firmware?
A greeting!
Attachments
pcb.png
serlancelot

Postby serlancelot » Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:14 am

I started from scratch... last night I took out all the electronics from the box and only connected the UC300 to the PC, I put a program of 8000 lines on the mach3 (it is the same one copied and pasted many times) and that's it. It has been working perfectly for 10 hours!! so on the one hand it is a relief (since the board works well) now I will put things into it and see what happens... I don't know why it suddenly started to fail
serlancelot

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:46 am

Then the issue is definately noise issues.
Unfortunately USB can be noise sensitive.
This is why I advised to link the PC chassis direcly with the UC300USB board ground with a short and thick wire.
This is why ethernet is much better, because it gives isolated connection.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby serlancelot » Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:33 am

Hello, I'm still doing tests to see who is causing the noise to the electronics... it seems like it's the ground connection of the main plug... so I still have to isolate the PCBs and drivers with plastic separators... .. I don't want to remove the ground connection from the plug since they go to the motor power supplies (the electronic ones do not have a ground connection). Let's see if I isolate it and everything works well... the funny thing is that this didn't happen before...
serlancelot

Postby valhallaCNC » Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:20 pm

I had a ground issue on my equipment. Everything seemed grounded. I finally tracked it down, I had broken ground cable to my building sub panel. My entire building was ungrounded, and my equipment was only grounded to each other. Once repaired all my issues went away.
valhallaCNC

Postby serlancelot » Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:01 am

Hi, sorry but I've had family problems and I haven't been able to comment anything...
I've been doing several tests and everything's fine. I've been using the mach3 and the board connected to the PC for two days without any problems!! Everything's fine until I closed the box and put it in its position... I've been cutting a piece of acrylic about 30 cm long and 1 cm thick in three passes of 4mm. Well, in the last pass it finishes cutting and the connection error occurs! My intention is to try it again on my PC with a USB extension cable to see if it's a problem with the PC of the milling machine (I solve one thing and another appears...) I'll let you know...
serlancelot

Previous

Return to Hardware