Tangential knife control behavior with G1

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Tangential knife control behavior with G1

Postby tonomar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Hello
I use to work with tangential cutting machines like Zund, Atom, etc....

All this machines work with geometries made of line segment, "G1". They work smoothly and constant.

My question is how UCCNC behaves when cutting a geometry made of line segments. Will it stop and start at each segment, or will it blend the segments to look like one big path?

My example would be to draw a spline and save it in dxf. The output will be many lines. Then open in UCCNC.

Some others cnc control I have seeing does not handle this properly.

Regards
tonomar

Re: Tangential knife control behavior with G1

Postby cncdrive » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:15 pm

It blends the path in G64 constant velocity mode.
There are also 2 settings, one is the angle to make the motion stop and restart and the other to make the motion stop, pull the kinfe out, rotate, put it back and continue the motion.
You can define these 2 angles, because on high connection angles (sharp corners) it is usually better to stop and restart or even to pull out the knife otherwise the edge of the knife might damage.
But again, you can define these angles if you want to use these features.
If the angle is lower than those then the movement is continous, stopless, however ofcourse there can be cases when the motion cannot be exactlys smooth, for example when the angle is high and to rotate the knife takes too much time, then ofcourse the motion must slow down or stop, but when this happens depends on the exact toolpath and the knife acceleration and velocity settings.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby BKG » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:37 am

Stop at angle degrees can i find, but the second one who is stopping and lifting the knife i cant find.

Could You please eksplain some more about it ?
BKG

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:11 am

Go to the Configuration, Axis settings and the A axis page and you can find these settings under the Tangential Knife settings.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here