ProbeIt for UCCNC

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: ProbeIt for UCCNC

Postby Greolt » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:29 am

I temporarily hooked the computer up to the internet and these messages went away.

Disconnected computer and tried again and they are back.

And also every time I enter the "About" page they pop up again in succession. Quite annoying.

I have no desire to have the machine control computer permanently on the internet.

EDIT: I unchecked "Check for new version on startup" and that got rid of the messages at the start, but the About page still brings them back.

Not having read the whole help file yet, to get ProbeIt to start I must set "enable" and "call startup" in plugin config. Then quit ProbeIt for the times I do not need it. Which is most.
If "enable" only is set then I go to "show" UCCNC freezes up requiring killing in task manager.

EDIT: Set a hotkey to start it and that fixed this bit. Could find nothing in the manual about this. I guess it is self explanatory. :)
Greolt

Postby eabrust » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:53 am

Hi Greolt,

Thanks for the feedback, it is helpful and appreciated. Sometimes I get too focused looking at the details and making things functionally work, that its easy to overlook some obvious annoying things, like the new version popups... :oops:

I have fixed / changed most of the 'new version check' which will be in the next update I put out. I didn't test it out well enough on a computer that wasn't on the internet, so point taken... :D It will be fixed so checking for updates can be disabled.

Certainly, the manual could use updates to cover things added along the way, like how to set button codes and open the plugin with a button or hotkey.

I'm still working at the next version of ProbeIt. Biggest addition is it will incorporate the ability to 'autolevel' or warp gcode to a surface, and have some built in GCode editing and modifying tools (flip/scale/rotate/etc). Still have a lot of cleanup and editing the manual for it yet.

Leveled Code wHmap iso.PNG

regards,
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Greolt » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:55 am

Thanks Eric
Appreciate your efforts.

Just have to learn how to use it.

The probing that is provided within UCCNC looks a bit daunting.
Hoping this will be easier to get to grips with.
Greolt

Postby Greolt » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:41 am

Found one little gotcha that may only affect a few users.

I use a MPG style pendant that needs "MPG cont." to operate.
Because I use the pendant for all moving around the table, that setting is for me default.

However as you can guess that stops ProbeIt working. It needs "Continuous"

My assumption is that your Xbox360 plugin does not need "MPG cont."

Pulled my hair out for a while until the penny dropped.
Z Probe worked fine but circular probe would move to probe depth then just sit there.

One side issue is that "Abort Probe Cycle" had no effect in this case. Had to quit ProbeIt and restart.
Greolt

Postby eabrust » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:26 am

Hi Greolt,

Thanks for this heads up.

This is a 'gotcha' I didn't know existed, thanks for pointing this out, its sort of a big one.... I wonder how many folks its tripped up that never figured it out?!

I've never played with the MPG mode buttons, and was un-aware that when they are enabled, it kills jogging w/ keys, and buttons. In the background, ProbeIt uses an API call uc100.JogOnSpeed, which is also surprisingly overridden and/or behaves erratically. Having one of the MPG modes on (single or multi I think) and then initiating a jog with JogOnSpeed results in the axis starting to jog, with inability to stop it until setting to continuous mode. Seems like there should be a UCCNC side check on that API call also to prevent a runaway axis also.

In the next version I'm wrapping up, I'll make ProbeIt perform a check for which mode is enabled, force UCCNC into 'continuous mode', then when leaving/closing have it set the mode back to what it was originally upon opening ProbeIt. I may also add a check prior to any 'probe' move, to ensure the user hasn't changed to an MPG setting after the fact.

This technically affects my other plugins that move the machine, so I'll have to add similar checks to the XBox360 plugin and UCamCopy.

Appreciate that you're testing it out and providing your findings! I'll have the next version ready for 'testing' pretty soon, and if you'd like to ring it out, send me a message with your SN_Lic code from the plugin, I'll shoot you a license code for your trouble.

regards,
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Greolt » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:46 am

I imagine if using the "XBox360 plugin" then no one would change to "MPG cont."

Because I consistently us my MPG style pendant (on the router) I have a line in the constructor macro to set it that way as default.
Probably not many users like me. :)

As an aside I use the "XBox360 plugin" on my plasma table. Thankyou.
Greolt

Postby eabrust » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:09 pm

ProbeIt for UCCNC has been updated to v. 2.200 and is available for download here: http://www.craftycnc.com/probeit-for-uccnc/

ProbeIt now has a built in GCode viewer/editor, and ability to do some GCode modifications (scale, translate, rotate, flip) and to 'Autolevel' gcode to a surface probed as a 'heightmap'.

Update your prior version by installing to the same UCCNC directory, or install into a new UCCNC installation folder. Note, I've done my best to ensure your current 'settings' saved in the XML file will transfer over, but depending on what prior version you are coming from it isn't guaranteed. Make note of your settings, and you nat have to re-enter some of them and do a 'save settings' in the updated version to update to a current XML settings file. Alternately, delete you're existing XML settings, and on first run, use the default settings, then adjust from there to your preferences.

V2.200:
2/26/23

- Addition of a GCode Editor/viewer on a newly added tab, with following features:
View/play Gcode file
Scale, flip, rotate, mirror the GCode
Manually edit GCode and view changes
Probe a surface to a ‘heightmap’, and ‘Autolevel’ the GCode to the heightmap surface.
Save modified GCode to file and/or import to UCCNC
- Bugfixes:
Issues w/ color picker on main page fixed
Issue w/ part rotation apply button on main page
Changes to the online check for new version to fully disable it via user setting.
Issue w/ ‘Edge Mode’, added a timing delay to fix nuisance skips, fixed messagebox warning for negative edge length entry.
Double check on SafeZ vs Z start point on 3d probing surface routines, asks to change SafeZ to Z start if Z start is higher.
- Updates to user interface and cleanup work.
Buttons now ‘autosize’ on the main probing pages
Added a ‘show’ and ‘hide’ for left panel of probing settings
Re-orgainzed location of DXF/CSV controls
Updated XML settings file reading

Suggestions & bug reports always welcome. If any users have any "I wish I could do this... " requests, please let me know.

regards,
Eric
eabrust

Postby cncdrive » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:15 am

Thank you Eric.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby eabrust » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:07 am

ProbeIt for UCCNC has been updated to v. 2.201 and is available for download here: http://www.craftycnc.com/probeit-for-uccnc/

V2.201:
3/14/23

- Installer was missing a few button background images that needed to be installed
- Changes made to make 'autolevler' form work better with GCode files with large dimensions (ie, metric)
- Improved autoleveling 'auto grid' function and adjustment buttons for size/position/spacing of grid (added sensitivity of adjustment scales with GCode size)

Thanks to Chris for the feedback I've received thus far to improve a few issues.

Eric
eabrust

Postby Greolt » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:05 am

I have seen on another, group someone using probit with what looks like a laser pointer. To map the outside of a 2d shape.
No more info forthcoming. Is this some new developement?
Greolt

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins