Stepcraft Screenset with UI in mind

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: Stepcraft Screenset with UI in mind

Postby Roby » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:53 am

Thank you. I took a look at the code and I see what you mean. Just one more question - is it possible to use functions within the screen file? I could be wrong but it seems like there could be some repetition/duplicated code in the screen file which copuld be moved into a shared function.
Roby

Postby ger21 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:00 pm

Thanks Gerry. Is this how the Default screenset is implemented

Yes. The screenset file basically contains ±10 different screens.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cseyler » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:52 pm

It is not possible to use function except lambda functions but as soon as you edit and save the screenset through UCCNC, everything is gone and overwritten.

I really find that was a lot easier to write a program that generates the ssf file
cseyler

Postby 2046 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Screenset with acoustics in mind

The reset sound is bit annoying, especially with the poor compression that makes you think that your speakers are broken or what.
So I made few new sounds.. choose the one you like of any..
I would personally choose the least annoying to your ears and the one that also cuts thru the noise your workshop has and the speakers can handle... well you pick.. ;)
Choose the sound from
https://github.com/twentyfortysix/uccnc ... reen/SOUND
and rename it to reset.wav and replace the ..
/UCCNC/Flashscreen/SOUND/reset.wav

(reset.wav == vibes.wav for now)

The Screenset went thru small updates I have not included yet :mrgreen:

Postby 2046 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 am

Update v 0.04

changes:
- common button have higher contrast in active state (bit more orangy)
- XYZA home buttons are now visually reversed.. meaning they are highlighted when engaged or not set yet.
- the top and front view buttons have new icons that better represent what they are. The view buttons are in slightly different order.
- The SOUND folder has new sound, that works actually (not like those I posted earlier) and has no noise on the end like the original sound that comes with the UCCNC (the seaming delay when something happens and the sound is played comes from the program it self which plays the sound bit later (well that is nothing new, the original sound is played with delay too.. just saying)).

you can get it from: https://github.com/twentyfortysix/uccnc_screenset_2046

note: I left there a TLS user macro button that lets you set all XYZ with TLS sensor.. keep, tweak it or not, it is up to you. see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3812
Attachments
toolpath.jpg
Toolpath
run.jpg
RUN

Postby mmorlan62 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:31 am

I've been eagerly awaiting your screenset. There is so much excellent work here. Are you near publishing it?

(I'm an idiot. Didn't page to the last page. Disregard.) :-)

Cheers,

Michael
mmorlan62

Postby 2046 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:22 pm

I've been thinking about it if I should record it or not.
And because the new UCCNC update is comming and I feel like the UI will stay in the state it is now, I think I simply should, and I did.

Simply put, I made short :) video about the native and the Stepcraft actual screensets and try to point to its problematic bits from the UI/UX experience. Might help somebody who thinks about their own UI changes or "finger crossed" might touch even UCCNC makers a bit and make them think about the UI again.

There is a small Screenset_2046 update on the way. The new UCCNC update should have some new feature/s that helps me to clean it up bit more, so I wait for it.

see the video if you like
https://youtu.be/pjukLwg2OyY

Postby 2046 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:26 am

Let's make this Screenset useful for more people. Is there anybody who hacked my Screenset and tested on anything else other than UC100 controler?
Will you share it with us? :geek:

Postby yagodajm » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:52 am

[img][img][/img][/img]I am trying to get 2046's screenset to work with UC300ETH, I have tried to mod the file with instructions ger21, and he showed a mod for the UC400. When I try this on my file I either get a white screen or an error message. I also noticed that I don't get the typical log screen, there is no green loading bar, and it just instantly opens the program. I have attached the current file and a screenshot of te error.
Attachments
UCCNC stepcraft.zip
(121.24 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
yagodajm

Postby ger21 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:28 pm

UC300ETH should be UC300ETH_5LPT
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Screensets