Installation of Mach4 Plug-in

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Installation of Mach4 Plug-in

Postby allanhbmartin » Sun May 23, 2021 7:59 pm

I recently purchased Mach 4 and wanted to use my UC400ETH as my motion controller. I have attempted to install the plugin via the automatic installer. However, it doesn't seem to work. I went into Mach4 went to motion capture devices and under simulation or simulator there is supposed to be the UC400ETH controller. But it does not show up. I wanted to manually install the plugin, but I don't know if I'm doing it correctly. After running the auto-installer, I found where the files go, but I am not able to link Mach4 with UC400ETH. Attached I have a photo of the two files that I have in the plugin folder; the .sig file, and .m4pw. Needless to say, there is very little information that I have been able to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (1).png
allanhbmartin

Re: Installation of Mach4 Plug-in

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 24, 2021 3:15 pm

You have to first enable the plugin in the Plugins controls menu in mach4, then you can select the plugin as motion controller device.
If I recall you need a Mach4 restart between the 2 mentioned things.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby allanhbmartin » Fri May 28, 2021 11:28 pm

cncdrive wrote:You have to first enable the plugin in the Plugins controls menu in mach4, then you can select the plugin as motion controller device.
If I recall you need a Mach4 restart between the 2 mentioned things.

After the plug-in is installed, I tried to activate in the Plug-In drop down menu, but it doesn't show up. But the plugins are in the folder. but, are they not in the correct folder?
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (4).png
allanhbmartin

Postby cncdrive » Sat May 29, 2021 1:03 am

The plugin files seems to be in the correct folder.
I have no idea why the plugin does not show up in the plugin menu of Mach4, I mean it should.
Could you please contact the Mach4 developers (machsupport.com)
Thank you.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby allanhbmartin » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:55 pm

I contacted NewFangled Solutions and they said to contact PoKeys. PoKeys had no idea what I was talking about, so I am explain it to them. Anyway you can contact them and explain it?
allanhbmartin

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:31 pm

Our products have nothing to do with pokeys, so there is no point to contact them.
I'm sure that Newfangled solutions misunderstood you, they probably thought that the motion controller you using is made by pokeys but they are not.

You should explain Newfangled your problem properly, that the plugin is for a motion controller and the plugin files are copied into the Mach4/plugins folder and that the plugin still not appearing in the plugins menu in Mach4.
We had a customer who did the same and Newfangled remote logged into his computer and did something in Mach4 and fixed the problem.
Unfortunately we have no idea how to debug this issue, we have not that deep knowledge of Mach4 to know how to debug this problem and also Mach4 gives no inducation/report about why the plugin is not appearing, but probably the Newflanged guys know how to get this report from Mach4, because they wrote Mach4 so they know much more about it than we do.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby rodrigjup@gmail.com » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:20 am

@ allanhbmartin

Any luck with Mach4 plugin ? I'm in same "sinking" boat..
rodrigjup@gmail.com

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions