Hypertherm cpc connection to axbb-e

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Hypertherm cpc connection to axbb-e

Postby Mr_phu » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:16 am

Hi everyone i am very new to cnc set up and config but im learning by doing.

Im having issues understanding how to connect and allocate the cpc (the torch on and off) to the axbb-e. It has two pins and the manual said it needs to be open contact.

Can i just plug the two pins in wherever i want and allocate them to spindle enable and spindle direction?

I fear there is alot more to this than i know but im willing to learn and all ears for any advice.

Thank you
Mr_phu

Re: Hypertherm cpc connection to axbb-e

Postby Robertspark » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:39 am

the official line from hypertherm is you need to switch the two wires via a relay (not an optoisolator, optocoupler or solid state relay). the voltage between the two pins is 18v although the current when I measured it on my machine (powermax 45 non XP ) was about 16mA maximum

many people switch the two pins by other electronic means, I use a reed relay, but any relay will do in my opinion given the way the current rises on my machine measuring the current flow between the two pins.
Robertspark

Postby Mr_phu » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:47 pm

Oh I completely for got about the cpc section in the hypertherm manual. Thank you!
Mr_phu

Postby Mr_phu » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:51 am

So i got the relay and hooked it up. When i send an m3 the relay shows that it is getting the signal but the hypertherm isnt doing anything. We had this working on another table about a year ago and didnt change anything so im about 99% sure it should be fine.

If there is anything you all can think of it would be much appreciated! Thank you
Mr_phu

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm

If it was working before with that relay and now it is not working with the same relay with same connection then there has to be something with the plasma cutter unit.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Mr_phu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:31 am

Ok i will get in contact with hypertherm then. Thank you for your help and this great forum!
Mr_phu

Postby Robertspark » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:54 am

are you using it with a hand torch?

if so you need to add a link in the torch connector at the machine end. there is a safety interlock to prevent using a hand torch with the CPC machine connector

some links here

https://www.google.com/search?q=hyperth ... afe=strict
Robertspark

Return to CNC Plasma