Other inputs being linked to the ArcOK signal

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

Other inputs being linked to the ArcOK signal

Postby Robertspark » Tue May 19, 2020 6:00 pm

Is it possible (or would it be possible) to be able to link other inputs to the arcOK signal.

I am presently messing about with a breakaway magnetic plasma torch holder

Similar to this as it gave me an idea for a lightweight integrated 3D printed floating head with breakaway magnetic torch holder
https://shane.engineer/blog/break-away-plasma-torch

This had me wondering if it was possible to link the microswitch to the arcOK signal for the breakaway holder, so that if a collision occurred, the machine would stop and backup to the location of the collision similar to when the arcOK signal is lost.

(I know I can do via a NC/NO relay interrupting the ARCOK signal, but was wondering if some of this useful functionality of the arcOK signal could be used with other things (for instance if you have a fault signal from your drives this would allow UCCNC to stop the motion where or if an error occurred and backup to the location where that error (or input signal) was received.
Robertspark

Re: Other inputs being linked to the ArcOK signal

Postby Demusman » Tue May 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Why not just connect the switch to your estop?
Demusman

Postby Robertspark » Tue May 19, 2020 7:57 pm

because i thought that the estop decelerated to a stop.... seems lowering my acceleration I was wrong (again)

the stop decelerates to a stop but the estop seems to stop the axis instantly without deceleration. :lol:
Robertspark

Postby dezsoe » Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 pm

You can use the FaultSignals plugin to stop the motion. It also has a setting for an LED which you can monitor (in a macroloop or plugin) to save your coordinates when it turns on. (I'm also thinking of selecting feed hold as an action.)
dezsoe

Postby Robertspark » Wed May 20, 2020 7:27 am

dezsoe wrote:You can use the FaultSignals plugin to stop the motion. It also has a setting for an LED which you can monitor (in a macroloop or plugin) to save your coordinates when it turns on. (I'm also thinking of selecting feed hold as an action.)

Thanks I'll try that out
Robertspark

Return to Feature Request