Simple Manual tool Change

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

Simple Manual tool Change

Postby camivic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi guys,
looking around the threads in the forum, but i'm very confused.
I'm searching for a simple Manual Tool Change Macro, let me explaing:
- after homing the machine, the macro measure the first tool and begin the work;
- at the tool change command, the Z axis go in change zone and wait for tool change;
- after manual tool change, the macro measure the new tool change and restart the work.

There is already someone in the forum using a macro like this, or similar?

Thanks to all.

Vincenzo
camivic

Re: Simple Manual tool Change

Postby rowka » Tue May 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Ger21’s screenset has a macro that does this.
rowka

Postby dezsoe » Tue May 12, 2020 4:56 pm

The built-in probe screen does it too.
dezsoe

Postby Demusman » Tue May 12, 2020 5:33 pm

dezsoe wrote:The built-in probe screen does it too.

It does, But you really need to provide some clearer instructions.
Very odd choice of terms that get confusing. probe, mobile probe and such.
Demusman

Postby dezsoe » Tue May 12, 2020 6:29 pm

I'm working on some new documents, but there is always something more urgent. (I recorded some videos in January, but still could not finish...:( )
dezsoe

Postby Delco » Wed May 13, 2020 10:25 am

Its not well described in any manual so i did a video of it https://youtu.be/Bdlkbb3uh-E
Delco

Postby NikolayUA24 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Tried running Probe today. It is very difficult to figure out how it works.
Specified the height of the plate, the safe height. I send the machine home, then bring it to the workpiece, lower the z-axis and press the PROBE screen. And strange movements begin, the Z axis moves up and stops at -89 :?: why is that
How to start all this easier. The brain is boiling, how difficult everything is in the PROBE tab. In the mach3, everything was just drove up to the right place, reset to zero on the workpiece and work.
I use Google Translator.
NikolayUA24

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:01 pm

Yes, unfortunately the more flexible the more options we put into functions the more complex and difficult it usually becomes.
However there is simple height probing also available using the M31 macro or simple G31 code.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Karnage » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:39 am

NikolayUA24 wrote:Tried running Probe today. It is very difficult to figure out how it works.
Specified the height of the plate, the safe height. I send the machine home, then bring it to the workpiece, lower the z-axis and press the PROBE screen. And strange movements begin, the Z axis moves up and stops at -89 :?: why is that
How to start all this easier. The brain is boiling, how difficult everything is in the PROBE tab. In the mach3, everything was just drove up to the right place, reset to zero on the workpiece and work.

Is moving the Z axis down positive or negative? Usually the Z probe value needs to be negative ie Z Probe = -50
Karnage

Postby NikolayUA24 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:25 am

cncdrive wrote:Yes, unfortunately the more flexible the more options we put into functions the more complex and difficult it usually becomes.
However there is simple height probing also available using the M31 macro or simple G31 code.

In metalworking, these complexities can be needed.In woodworking, I doubt that all of this is needed. While I returned to Mach3 :( But I do not lose hope that an understandable instruction will appear.
I use Google Translator.
NikolayUA24

Next

Return to Macros