UCR 201 intefering with macros?

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: UCR 201 intefering with macros?

Postby sundewzer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:34 pm

I am having similar issues but the cause is the same. I didn't try disable the macro, I just pulled the dongle out when it was inactive. As soon as it is out of the mix everything works perfect. I have a brand new set up and everything else works great. I spend hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my probe and or my wiring. I am upset that the pendant is malfunctioning but I am very happy that I finally know what is causing the problem.

You say you can't fix it because you can't reproduce it. I am happy to setup a screen share and let anyone login to my computer. It is very very repeatable on my end.

Has anyone tried the 1.211 build with better results?

Did anyone get a chance to try a different dongle or pendant to see if it was a hardware issues?
sundewzer

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:52 am

Sharing the screen would not help unfortunately. We would have to have the computer here to run it with the UCCNC source code and debug it.
I think you understand that we will not do that on a remote computer.

We got some help though recently, or at least waiting for it so far, I mean a customer in Hungary had the same issue and he said that we can take his computer soon for the debugging.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby sundewzer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:41 pm

I have another computer that I will install UCCNC on and try running it with that PC. If I have the same issue on another PC it would point towards there being a issue with the UCR 201 hardware, correct?
sundewzer

Postby emassey » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 am

I recently purchased a used cnc and added the same hand held UCR 201. I’m having the same issues with my zero plate set up.
emassey

Postby emassey » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:54 am

Add me to the list. I'm experiencing the same issue with the UCR 201.
emassey

Postby sundewzer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:49 pm

I figured out a work around that is pretty easy.

With my system the only time my probe malfunctions is when I have the pendant UCR 201 MPG mode set to continuous jog. When it is off or set to step mode everything works fine!

I am not sure this will work for everybody but it completely solved my issues.

Perhaps this will shed some light on the issue and they can get it fixed in the next update.
sundewzer

Postby emassey » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:13 pm

I will have to try this on my machine. Thanks for the input.
emassey

Postby sundewzer » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 pm

emassey wrote:I will have to try this on my machine. Thanks for the input.

Did it work?
sundewzer

Postby geotophe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:31 am

Any progress on the issue?

It seems as you sell more pendant the number of customer handicapped by this issue is statistically growing.
What about that Hungarian customer exhibiting the issue on his system? Were you able to work on his computer?
Are you making any progress on this or was this put on the back burner with a "too bad for those who are and will be affected" tag... ?

I offered a solution a while back, purchasing a $200 mini computer to clone my system and send to you but you find it was too expensive a solution for you and you wanted me to send my production computer instead. I have a business to run and cannot stop the CNC because I need to send the control computer to you for I don't know how long and again I though since it is a mini computer it was cheap to buy and cheap to send to you and spending $250 would be a small price to pay to possibly solve the issue for all that are affected and those who potentially will be purchasing the UCR201.....

Can we expect some solution soon?
Thanks by advance.
geotophe

Postby geotophe » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Reply? anyone?
geotophe

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here