UCCNC Tutorial & Lesson 1; For Extreme Beginner

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCCNC Tutorial & Lesson 1; For Extreme Beginner

Postby eddiegnz1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:31 am

For the UCCNC software, do you know where I can find an extreme beginner's tutorial, quick start guide, or a lesson 101 for someone like me;

1) i know nothing at all about how to operate any CNC router software
2) have never seen CNC software (e.g. Mach3, UCCNC, Mach4, etc)
3) after watching over 20 UCCNC videos on youtube that claim to be for beginners, I still understood absolutely nothing in any of those videos
4) most helpful folks are ninety nine percent (99%) likely to recommend something that is way above my head
5) I need something that would help a total idiot carve one single short straight line on a piece of wood...literally, just get me to that point somehow

that all said, I have been successful in all of the DIY tasks & hobbies that I've taught myself;
I self taught to build HiFi tube amplifiers from scratch, soldering capacitors on circuit boards etc
I self taught to build fireworks better than the ones you see at Disney world
I self taught to ferment and distill world class whiskey from corn or grain
I self taught and have produced nationally televised TV commercials, from A to Z
and many other self taught and complex hobbies and interests
but the one thing all the above have in common is sufficient text, guides, and support to get extreme beginners started quickly

I don't expect to master it in a short period of time...all the above took years to master but a very short time to get started

this 6040 that just arrived in the mail is the first hobby that I'm truly concerned about not being able to ever carve anything at all due to the lack of teaching material for the UCCNC software lessons, tutorials, guides or manuals that are truly for extreme absolute beginners. I just need the first lesson to be far more basic than what I've found so far.

My research convinced me that UCCNC is better than Mach4...so i hope the answer to this post isn't to buy the Mach4 instead

Please if you could point me in the right direction, I'd be ever so grateful
eddiegnz1

Re: UCCNC Tutorial & Lesson 1; For Extreme Beginner

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:51 am

If you yet know nothing about how to program a CNC then I advice you to read this documentation: https://ws680.nist.gov/publication/get_ ... _id=823374
The UCCNC implements the same programming language (RS274NGC) as in this document just like mach3/4.
When you will read through the document then you will become familiar with CNC coding which is one of the most important things if you want to operate a CNC machine.

Next you can learn how to use CAD/CAM programs to draw and generate code for you.
You can check Fusion360, Vectric, SheetCAM etc.
All have users manuals.

You can also check and read the UCCNC manual.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby beefy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:31 am

Eddie,

sent you a PM.

Keith
beefy

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:28 am

And here are some courses for you about how to use the UCCNC: http://www.stepcraftsupport.com/edu/lesson/intro/
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby eddiegnz1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 am

cncdrive wrote:And here are some courses for you about how to use the UCCNC: http://www.stepcraftsupport.com/edu/lesson/intro/

YESSS...that's exactly the type of tutorial/course I was looking for....THANK YOU so much cncdrive. that's extremely helpful

if anyone knows of where i can get more guidance/lesson at that same level of beginnerness (for UCCNC), please let me know, that'd be greatly appreciated
eddiegnz1

Return to Ask a question from support here