Laser using cncdrive servo drives

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Laser using cncdrive servo drives

Postby marteng » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello, I installing a 130Watts laser onto my cnc router having cncdrives servo drives, has anyone here has such a setup? I'm also using Mach3 as an intermediate cnc operating system and design software Aspire and Fusion 360. This is the first time trying to operate a cnc laser. And do not know if the laser cutting paths should / be sent directly into the cnc from the desugn software or though Mach3 just as one would do with a milling cutting path. I have attempted to set / configure up Fusion360 in laser cutting but am having errors exporting and also am not sure if I am doing it right!! I don't expect to find a solution to my difficulties but would appreciate pointers if anyone who's already been in this position as I have no idea if I'm on the right track.
Thanks Marten
marteng

Re: Laser using cncdrive servo drives

Postby marteng » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Ho and I also have Laserworks 8 but am not sure how this works, i.e. if cutting paths are sent directly to the cnc or should i doit through Mach3.
marteng

Re: Laser using cncdrive servo drives

Postby Tweakie.CNC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:55 am

Unlike CorelDraw and the HPGL sent to DSP controllers there is not any provision for a laser cutting path to be sent directly to Mach3 without previously creating a Gcode toolpath.
Tweakie.CNC

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions