Huanyang Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: Huanyang Plugin

Postby Beardie7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:54 pm

I have gone out and tried again and there are a few things that still aren't clear, besides how to change the text field. I see no way of seeing if it truly has connected. I don't see a "connect" button as you said, only "press for available ports", and "press to save settings".
Attachments
hy12.jpg
Beardie7

Postby ger21 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:01 pm

Looks like HY12, not 14.

Click the Edit Screen button in the upper right corner of the Settings screen.
After opening the editor, hold down SHIFT, and click the Run tab to switch to it. Click the RPM DRO, and change the number from 870 to 2451.
Go to the last tab in the editor, and click Save Screen.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Beardie7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:05 pm

Good Lord I thought that building a CNC from scratch (using plans from Joe and seeing all the info already on the forums) was going to be so much easier.

I can not get the RS485 usb adapter to work. I had ordered two off ebay and they show in the port and baud rate but no connection that I can see. So I have ordered another from the source on Amazon that you guys had recommended on thecncwoodworker.com .

So I tried again to use the settings on my Leadshine MX4660. And it finally worked .......sort of. I have control of the spindle but at a non linear proportion of the speed. I had heard that Leadshine knows of the problem but doesn't have a fix. When calling for 24k the readout on the VFD says 21540rpm, calling for 17k it reads 12500, by 12k it bottoms out at 7200rpm. That is a usable range for sure but now an extra step to figure out the "real" rpms. I hope that the "real" RS485 can fix the problem.

So frustrating...

Thank again for the quick replies,
John
Beardie7

Postby carl10 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 am

Thanks Dan,

That fixed the problem all working fine now. :D

Cheers,
Carl
carl10

Postby thegreatwaldo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi Carl.
You might want to post what worked for other forum users with the same problems.
Cheers.
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby Beardie7 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Just shoot me now.....

I was able to get speed control through the MX4660 pin14 port1, but do to an internal resistance of a 1.1v drop the speeds are not very accurate compared to what is being called for. So since I had a working system I thought that I would try again with a 3rd RS485 adapter ( the last one from the amazon source recommended). I went through all the steps again. Restarting the program after each step, and putting p01 and p02 to 2 (also disconnected the MX4660 wires and unchecked the pin and port for it). And again nothing. ...... So I'm an optimistic guy, so I figured have a lot of control over the speed with the MX4660 was going to be good enough for me. Rewired everything, reset the VFD, unchecked the HY12 boxes, reset the text window to 870. And it worked again...yeah..

Then I saw the PID configure button...Maybe it would recalibrate the actual to the desired....what can it hurt he said... it went through starting and stopping the spindle, and I check the apply button. ..........................................NOW it will only bring on the spindle at full speed no matter what is called for and no control from the MDI or slider. and now I see no way to undo what I did. I restarted all the components...no change.

Anyone know what I have done wrong? Also for the PWM settings - what should the Hz settings be 400 or 200? Is it the communication speed or the max Hz speed of the motor.

Thanks
John
Beardie7

Postby ger21 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:17 pm

Open your Profile (.pro) in Notepad and delete these lines.

[SpindlePIDsettings]
PIDenable=False
Kp=1
Kd=0
Ki=0.01
Samplingtime=10
Gerry
ger21

Postby Beardie7 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Dan and Gerry.

Thank you so much for your patience and work here. I know that I would be staring at pile of components in my shop if it weren't for you guys and the others on the forum.

I removed the SpindlePID lines and decided to give the HyPlugin14 a try. First attempt fail to show in the plugins- that was the Net4 version. So I read on a little further and saw that Dan had posted a Net 2 version (on page 12 of this forum) so downloaded that one. Put that file into the plugins page. So here are the steps that I took to get it to finally work. YES it finally WORKS for me!!!

Configure VFD to P01 and P02 to 2 , 163-1,164-1,165-3 - I restarted the VFD
Opened UCCNC 2017 Screenset version (found at thecncwoodworker.com)
Settings page (general page) click on configure plugins button and checked "call startup" and "enabled" buttons. Close everything and restart UCCNC.
On restart the HyPlugin14 page showed up. Click on the com down arrow to find the port your RS485 is plugged into and choose the Baud rate of 9600.
Hit connect button. and it started to talk to my Huangyand VFD for the first time. But only at the min speed. To get the full range you have to edit the "RPM DRO" setting.
To edit the box you must get into the "Edit Screen" button on the top right of the general Settings page. A pop up will happen ....here was the confusing part to me. With the new popup screen pulled out of way (grab top of bar with mouse until you can see the top control bar of the UCCNC page underneath) Now hold down the SHIFT keyboard and mouse click on the RUN tab of the 2017 Screenset. Now you looking at the Run page, mouse over the box that will show the RPM's and left click. This will populate the popup and show the settings for the Run page. In the popup the first line will read "labelnumber"-870- change that number to 2451 then click the "Apply settings", and then click on the File tab of the Popup, then click "Save screenset".

It was at that glorious moment that Everything started to work properly for me (also click the box for the auto connect on the HyPlugin14 popup to not have it show each time).

The RS485 whould be a twisted wire (a regular 18/2 wire put in a drill will put a proper twist in it). Connect the wires to Positive and RS+, and RS- terminal and match to the D+, and D- on the RS485 terminal marked on the PC board.

I think that is all the steps that I took to finally get it working. No onto some actual woodworking projects!!

John
Beardie7

Postby carl10 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi Andrew,

Settings in 2017 Screen Set for HY14 that worked for me are:-

Changed number of Sact to 2466 and set that as current rpm label.
Then changed the Sset label to 2451.

Regards,
Carl
carl10

Postby ger21 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:03 pm

There is no 2466 field.
In 2017, RPM = Sact, and should be 2451 (Overridden Speed)
S: = Sset, and can be left at 869.

This is for HY12, but I'd expect HY14 to be the same, though I haven't tried it yet.
Gerry
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins