combined macros ? or individual ?

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

combined macros ? or individual ?

Postby RWC » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:36 pm

If I read 16 different coils from a plc through Modbus, and want macro loops to read the associated registers and do functions in UCCNC, would all 16 conditions be in one single macro ? or all separate macros ?
I also need an example of what the macro would look like, then I van maybe work it out from there.
Thanks,
Russ
RWC

Re: combined macros ? or individual ?

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm

HI Russ, that would pretty much depend on how and when you wanted the functions to operate.For example if you have a function that needs to run independantly no matter what else is running then you use a seperate MacroLoop. IF you had a series of functions that basicaly ran in relation to teh values then you may use a single MacroLoop and monitor all variables. Then make conditional statements to trigger functions.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby RWC » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:00 pm

For example, the pendant.
4 increments, 4 axis selections, cont. , multi modes.
Maybe 3 separate macros ?
Or, all in one in this case.
Thanks again TP,
Russ
RWC

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:57 pm

For a basic pendant I would do a single all in one macroLoop that monitored all inouts and did functions based on inputs.

It is teh same basics as we did with Mach3 and teh macroPump.

You also used to be able to buy multi selection switches WITH teh resistors already added on.

(;-)TP
Vmax549

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:02 pm

I was also hoping I could figure out teh ICP in windows to allow mulit controllers. THEN we would have teh TIGER by teh tail and could use a second controller as an advanced motion capable PLC. You could run advanced ATCs and live tooling and robotic pallet changing with UCCNC.

But that is just a thought. Without ICP interconnect(pipes) it is just a wishfull thought .

When you gt ready to make it all happen I will help out.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby RWC » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:26 pm

Vmax549 wrote:

You also used to be able to buy multi selection switches WITH teh resistors already added on.

(;-)TP

I also see a simple pot with detents. Should work as well ?
Thanks TP
:)
RWC

Return to Macros