Huanyang Plugin

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: Huanyang Plugin

Postby laki » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Hello Dan,
Thank you for your prompt response. I read all plugin related posts here as well as on the CNC zone and saw that one user had a similar problem, but I did not see how it was solved.
I use the default screen and before I installed the plugin I did not modify any Textfield labelnumbers and screen. I also did not use the Amp Field.

I managed to solve the problem by uninstalling the plugin version12 and installing version 10. This version works for me, UCCNC does not report an error and I can turn on and off the spindle as well as to change the speed.
 Only if I add the Amp field the error reappears. I added the Amp field by copying the Sact field in the screen editor and changing its labelnumber in 20668 and putting the same number in the HYPLUGIN configure setup field. As I did this, UCCNC reported an error (UCCNC has encountered a problem and needs to close) again.
I wipe off the field for Amp and UCCNC and the plugin started to work properly. I changed the number of Sact fields from 870 to 20665 and entered the same number in the plugin configuration. Now, in UCCNC, I can see values ​​for the Sact fields (20665) and the S overridden field (2451).
I tested this configuration for a couple of hours and UCCNC no longer reported errors.
I will send you PM my email address if you have some suggestions regarding the plugin version. Thanks for the support
laki

Postby Dan911 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi Laki,

Thanks for helping point/conferm to where this problem is...HY12 starts a polling thread on startup and Hy10 only starts this thread when Amps are enabled in setup, obviously it's this thread that is causing some systems trouble. Oddly I use WinXP, 1.2047 with HY12 on my system and I'm not able to reproduce this which makes it hard to debug and fix.

I written this plugin while learning UCCNC, C# and Huanyang, so there's a lot of editing through versions in plugin, when I read through code I see a lot poorly written but used the old saying "if not broke don't fix"...LOL

I received your PM/email, I originally planned to send you a version with thread removed since I already suspected that being the culprit of the problem, but no need too since you already found a alternative solution for now that's basically the same as what I was going to send. Within the next few weeks depending on my play time, I will send you a revised rewritten version and I'm hoping you can test on your system.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan911

Postby laki » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Dan!
Thank you for your reply.
Take your time and I'll be glad to test your plugin on my system when you finish revised rewritten version.
Best regards,
Laki
laki

Postby Dan911 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:01 am

HY14.zip
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Hello All,

I finally was able to find the time and get my head back into this plugin and basically rewritten it, I expect it to fix the problems some had from the poorly written polling thread in HY12. HYPLUGIN14 setup is different than previous versions and made much simpler.

Install:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

The plugin reads your VFD settings for calculations... Max Freq (PD005), Min Freq(PD011), MaxRPM(PD144).

Huanyang manual PD144 definition..." This set value corresponds to the revolution at 50HZ "

Max RPM = PD144 value/50 * MaxFreq
Min RPM = PD144 value/50 * MinFreq

For the common Chinese Spindles found on ebay this value(PD144) should be set to 3000

This version needs Net 4 and will only work with UCCNC test versions, I may go back and rewrite some Linq queries to make Net 2 compatiale

HY14.JPG

HYPLUGIN14.rar.zip
(17.28 KiB) Downloaded 922 times
Dan911

Postby cncdrive » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:11 pm

We appritiate your work Dan, thank you. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Dan911 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 pm

I compiled HY14 plugin to run on any UCCNC version above 39 (Net2)
Also a bool wasn't setting on connect button on previous upload which my of caused some problems on connection test. Also fixed it to not to try to connect without comport/baudrate set.

I never finished writing install notes in previous post and will post here. This HY version don't have a configure window, you will get a window on startup when first
enabled where you set your comport and baudrate, baudrate must match VFD setting. Modbus id is set to 1 within plugin along with 8N1 for RTU (PD165). You than can
check AutoConnect and wont see window on start again. To restore window goto CONFIGURATION/GENERAL SETTINGS HYPLUGIN14 and press "SHOW" There also isn't any save button, this is done by events automatically.

From window you will be able to view new features such as Current RPM, Current Amps, Current Frequency and Set Frequency. From the "UCCNC Display Section" you can add the labelnumber for a created textfield if you choose to add to your screen.

1. Place .dll file in UCCNC plugin folder
2. Check "Call Start UP" and "Enable"

Tested on WinXP 32 bit

HYPLUGIN14net2.zip
(17.1 KiB) Downloaded 1129 times
Dan911

Postby infamous_panda » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi,

I gave an earlier version of this plugin a go, and had issue with not being able to turn off the spindle once it started. I'm thinking if giving the newer version a shot, but wanted to know if it was required/recommended to always have the vfd turn on when starting UCCNC/Hy plugin. I typically like to just turn on the vfd right before I start a job. Will this screw things up.
infamous_panda

Postby Dan911 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:59 pm

With Plugin enabled and when UCCNC first starts up it will try to connect to VFD to get settings, when plugin sees no connection to VFD you will get a window to try to connect again or exit. Just exit.

When ready to use VFD got to "CONFIGURATION/GENERAL SETTINGS/Configure Plugin/HY14" and press show. The plugin window will display and press "Connect"

Not sure of your issue with earlier versions but sounds to me when Spindle is turned on it's generating massive noise and why it's not responding. You need shielded cable from VFD to spindle and system needs
to be properly star grounded. If this is the case and noise wasn't addressed than you will have trouble with this plugin also. Whether you use this plugin or not this noise will cause trouble elsewhere in your system.

Dan
Dan911

Postby infamous_panda » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Dan911 wrote:With Plugin enabled and when UCCNC first starts up it will try to connect to VFD to get settings, when plugin sees no connection to VFD you will get a window to try to connect again or exit. Just exit.

When ready to use VFD got to "CONFIGURATION/GENERAL SETTINGS/Configure Plugin/HY14" and press show. The plugin window will display and press "Connect"

Not sure of your issue with earlier versions but sounds to me when Spindle is turned on it's generating massive noise and why it's not responding. You need shielded cable from VFD to spindle and system needs
to be properly star grounded. If this is the case and noise wasn't addressed than you will have trouble with this plugin also. Whether you use this plugin or not this noise will cause trouble elsewhere in your system.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response. I am currently migrating my system from Mach3 which had the spindle controlled via relay and PWM. It worked well. Hopefully I don't have a grounding noise issue, but I have not had seen this happen in the few years I ran Mach3+pwm. I am having some trouble getting my spindle speed to line up with what I tell it to be in UCCNC to what it says on the VFD by several thousand RPM. Again I am just migrating my settings from Mach3 which worked fine. Using your plugin solved RPM part but obviously is not usable if I cannot reliably turn it off.

I really like having the power physically disconnected from the vfd and spindle for when I am changing tools or probing. Perhaps oi later versions of your plugin maybe you could consider a more convenient way to accommodate a workflow like this rather than having to go through menus every time. I don't know how difficult this is so it's just a suggestion.
infamous_panda

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins