XBox 360 plugin update

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: XBox 360 plugin update

Postby eabrust » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:01 am

neptunier wrote:hello eric,
yes i have a kneemill style zx45. before i used mach3 and with the xbox plugin from mach3 you could change direction in the plugin.
so i growed accoustomed to the in my feel right directions and dont want to unlearn this habit with the help of crashing tools because i used the wrong direction :shock:

so there is no way to change that in the plugin?

thanks,
michael

Hi Michael,
Update made to the XBox plugin to allow reversing of direction for continuous/step jogging when using sticks and DPad. Sticks are reversed by selecting axis noted w/ 'rev' in pull down, DPad is reversed by toggling the checkboxes. GIve it a try.

Regards
Eric Brust
Attachments
XBoxPlugin-CraftyCNC v1.0011 - 2-25-19.zip
(63.98 KiB) Downloaded 828 times
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby cncdrive » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:45 am

Thank you for the update Eric!
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby andrewwong2000 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:54 pm

May be something I overlooked, but how can I program an Xbox controller button to press "OK" when the dialog box pops up ( eg. when machine hits limits.. )

I tried a few things but I have to walk over to the laptop any time the machine hits limit switch to reset it.
andrewwong2000

Postby eabrust » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:01 pm

andrewwong2000 wrote:May be something I overlooked, but how can I program an Xbox controller button to press "OK" when the dialog box pops up ( eg. when machine hits limits.. ) I tried a few things but I have to walk over to the laptop any time the machine hits limit switch to reset it.

Hopefully I have half the answer for you...

Write an M code macro to respond to the XBox button press (M20000 and up act as a button press, and you can assign that number to any XBox button that is configurable).

Take the attached sample macro number is M20011.txt, put it in your macros directory. In the xbox pluggin form, enter 20011 in a box next to one of the buttons you want to assign for this task (on press or release press, doesn't matter). Now, when you push that button, the macro should run and popup a mesage box should show up to verify it works.

The last half is to add C# code that sends 'enter' button to UCCNC. Hopefully Balzas or Dezsoe can help with that part, as I fumbled with it a bit and gave up.

Code: Select all
//M20011, test from controller

{
  MessageBox.Show("XBox button pressed, hit enter to close");

// Enter code here for anything you want to do.

// Send the enter key; since the tab stop of Button1 is
   // will trigger the click event.
   //system32.SendKeys.Send("{ENTER}");

}

xbox.jpg

FYI, in-case the text box you are trying to clear is due to soft limits, you can disable that box popping up under the appearance settings of UCCNC.

regards
Eric Brust
Attachments
m20011.txt
(296 Bytes) Downloaded 1092 times
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby andrewwong2000 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:56 am

Thanks Eric,

I've done more RTFM and had a look at my workflow and what's supported "out of box".

I am going to configure Soft Limits, and learn how the Home Offset works (per Axis). Once I do this,
I think I'm more aligned to how the software is designed

(ie. Hard Limits should never happen,
and after homing each axis, the 0 machine coord should be offset from the proximity sensor, not right on it).

For example G0 X0 Y0 should not trigger a Hard Limit after homing. Moving Z up with the controller shouldn't trigger a Hard Limit.
andrewwong2000

Postby trendsetter » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 am

Hi together,
I am just upgrading to UCCNC 1.2109 and installed the new Xbox controller plugin. I also installed SDK 4.0 runtime and SDK 64 bit.
The Plugin is starting, but then there is the window with the Info for entering the standard feedrate.
But afterwards the window of the plugin just freezes. UCCNC can be controlled, but the plugin is frozen.
any idea?
BR
Michael
trendsetter

Postby eabrust » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi Michael,

Not sure whats up with that. The check and call for that message box is in the first loop only portion of the plugin, so it should go away and not return/hang.

If you can, before starting UCCNC and the plugin, put the default xboxcontroller.xml file from the downloaded zip into the plugin directory with the .dll also, so it can populate the values on first run. let me know if that works for you.

regards,
Eric Brust
eabrust

Postby trendsetter » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:46 am

Dear Eric,

thanks a lot for your answer. I tried exactly that to copy the fresh file from the zip, but there was no change.
I took the old xml file and copied all my settings into the new file. Basically it works, even if the Settings page is hanging. This is for the time beeing acceptable, I only have to kill UCCNC instead of closing the application in standard way.
I will try tomorow also the old version 1.0004 to see whether this works better.
BR
Michael
trendsetter

Postby eabrust » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Updated to v1.0015, with just a few small changes to the xboxcontroller plugin:

-Corrected a message box that would occasionally cause plugin to hang on startup.
-Moved 'vibration' feedback to new thread to improve performance and prevent plugin from not registering changing input during vibration.

Feedback and comments always appreciated

thanks
Eric
Attachments
XBoxPlugin-CraftyCNC v1.0015 - 4-27-19.zip
(63.99 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
eabrust

Postby Greolt » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:31 am

Taking a look at the "README" notes.

I am running Win7 32bit UCCNC 1.2109

Readme suggests that SlimDX must be x64

Do I have a problem here?
Greolt

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins