Spidle Speed Tracking

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Spidle Speed Tracking

Postby spumco » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 am

OP - you may have read my posts about using a proximity sensor for an index signal rather than the built-in Z signal on my encoder.

I did this because the encoder is on my motor and the pulley ratio between motor and spindle is not 1:1.

I had to have a spindle index signal, so I installed a proxy & trigger on the spindle.

I'm using a 200 line (800CPR) encoder on my motor so as not to overwhelm the BOB and UC400ETH. As others have pointed out, your 1024 encoder may have signals too short for reliable operation.

I suggest replacing the encoder with a lower count one which should provide a longer signal - both for A/B and for a Z signal.
spumco

Postby cncdrive » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:34 am

Or use an AMT102 or AMT103 encoder, those are capacitive incremental encoders with changeable resolution, you can select the resolution with some micro DIP switches inside the encoder.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby KLaphaphong » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:20 am

Dear All,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Now, I can tracking speed up to maximum motor speed 3600 rpm with index signal and disable A and B encoder signal.

But If I use only index signal when I change pulley ratio by "M215 Px", ActSpeed is displayed is always show motor spindle speed.

Such as I select Pulley No.1, Gear ratio is 1:10.

Normally, If I use A and B signal When motor speed is 1000 rpm, ActSpeed should be show 100.

I am not sure need some setting for pulley ratio.

Please advice.

Best Regards,
Krittawit Laphaphong
KLaphaphong

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software