G51 scaling ??

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: G51 scaling ??

Postby cncdrive » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes, just like with mach3. :) But ofcourse you can offset and scale from there.
However scaling and rotation are very buggy in mach3, I realised that when we developed scaling and rotation for the UCCNC and compared things with mach3...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:02 am

Well, I get that Terry, but you know how it is ... if something works different as in mach3 then it is a problem and if it works the same then it is again a problem, so what should we do?!
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:44 am

Vmax549 wrote:
It can also be handy to adjust teh dimensions of say a hole. Once teh machine cuts teh hole and you then measure teh hole. You find it is .002" off tolerance. You can simply go back set teh center point to teh center of teh hole and reset teh scale to adjust teh finish cut then rerun that section of code. Most of teh commercial probes support that function. It saves having to go back and recam teh entire project just to adjust the tolerance of a hole.

Another example is text engraving. Move to teh start of teh text. set teh centerpoint and scale teh text up or down. For example a consecutive S/N routine. Teh simple test is programed at 1" height. You then can simply scale it up or down Scale=1 then it is 1" scale =.375 the letter is .375" high Need it to be 1.25" high then set scale for 1.25

I like those examples, can see a lot of benefit to g51 there
Robertspark

Return to Ask a question from support here