ATC

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: ATC

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Battwell wrote:if it loses power it resets
(i use a var# which is always 0 after a restart and set it to 1 after first tool change)
same if it lost position during a run- id press stop and the var will reset to 0 (in my code, as well as switching it to safe state at any point in program if stopped) .
i can also reset the var# by mdi at any time.
as it relies on seeing switches it cannot continue if it crashes etc .- the pneumatics are only on 60psi so dont give full power.- so no damage on a crash.
(crashed it loads of times during original macro testing. lol )
seems to work well- i havnt had it go out of sync during any program runs so far :-)
but have had to use stop once when the tool holder didnt fully engage in the spindle.
i rarely walk away from my machines when running. at worst only at the next machine!

Any chance you'd mind posting your macro so I can compare. I'm sure either will require mods to what we will end up with.

I'm also really curious of the code behind the tool to slot screen setup.

Thanks
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 pm

Vmax549 wrote:It takes 1 more sliding part and 1 more short air cylinder and 1 more solenoid and uses 1 more output and 1 more input. Small machines tend to wear faster than larger ones and running teh Z axis up and down more adds to that wear. Also with a slide unit you need LESS clearance in Z as you simple run it up to Zhome and that is it untill you are ready to resume cutting. The slide does teh rest. It only needs to raise /lower teh distance of the TTL stub. It also does not really need anymore room in teh enclosure. The room it needs in teh enclosure is mainly dictated by teh In/Out motion not teh up /down.

Then there is teh speed of teh Z axis up/down verses teh slide up/down.

It is just a thought,

To ease your mind a bit here is a picture of teh UCCNC tool table. You will notice there is a column for slot assignments. It just takes a bit of coding to make it work to reassign slots and tools.

(;-) TP

So any chance of getting the graphic used for this and the code to go with it? My buddy is building the ATC, I'm taking care of all the electrical and code portion. I've done some SQL and VB, but nothing from scratch. I can usually tweak stuff to fit my needs, but having a base would be a huge help. The macro you already sent is great.

Oh yeah, and he's insistent on using the Z instead of two cylinders. Oh well, I can't argue, as he's building them....LOL. So it's just going to be one slide and a carousel. Appreciate all the help I've gotten here. Going to start playing with adding some buttons and codes now for my power draw bar. I'm not totally ignorant of C#, but it's not something I've done a lot messing around with either. Guess it's time to get started with the dummies guide....LOL.
ThreeDJ16

Postby Battwell » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:52 pm

look at the programming manual-in documentation and give it a go for yourself
you dont learn if you dont try :-)
my code will only work on my machine. it wasnt written to be universal.
i started with the included m6 code as a basis to work from (linear tool changer)
look through the macro samples and previous questions myself and others have asked on the forum - and what we have learnt (by spending some research time)
its the only way your machine will do exactly what you want, when you want.
theres great help available here if you ask specifics.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Battwell wrote:look at the programming manual-in documentation and give it a go for yourself
you dont learn if you dont try :-)
my code will only work on my machine. it wasnt written to be universal.
i started with the included m6 code as a basis to work from (linear tool changer)
look through the macro samples and previous questions myself and others have asked on the forum - and what we have learnt (by spending some research time)
its the only way your machine will do exactly what you want, when you want.
theres great help available here if you ask specifics.

I actually started doing some of that last night. I'm using Screenset 2017 and now with fixed heights, I no longer need the auto zero initialize and his tool change as written. So playing with those for doing my tool height to table macro M45 someone here posted and redoing the tool change macro for how i need it now. Baby steps at least and learning how to manipulate the screen editor and tweaking the code. I'll get there. Had to learn a funky PLC language for that stupid Acorn to get my lathe turret working. At least this stuff here makes sense to me.

Of course the other issue is until my buddy gets me a tool changer, i can only simulate the in/out for it. But it gives me time to learn.

Thanks,
Jasen
ThreeDJ16

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Quick question on the drive portion some of you used. We are planning a direct drive carousel. What rating did you'll use on say a 10lb carousel? My thoughts are 126 oz/in should be more than enough using a dual bearing shaft holding the carousel.

Yeah, sorta switching up the topic a little, but trying to figure out the electrical components needed for my mech buddy doing the build portion. I found a nema 17 rated at 126 oz/in and would think that is more than enough to start and stop the carousel (I think he's up to 8 tools on it now). So roughly thinking 10lbs for load.

Anyway, curious what you'll think and what sizes you'll used.

Much appreciated,
Jasen
ThreeDJ16

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software