Home All

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Home All

Postby sjubs57 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:30 am

I am upgrading controllers and converting to UCCNC. I've completed the configuration of my profile and all axis are responding to the jog controls and I can manually toggle the limit switches and verify the actions in diagnostics tab.

I am struggling with the Home and home all buttons. If I click on the button(s), I will notice the actual feed rate jump to 50 but there is no movement on any axis. I do not detect any pulses or movement on any step motor. I've been through the manual several times and the only references for homing was under the gcode section for G54 and G58.1 codes. Google and youtube have been no help either. I have exhausted my understanding and research. and need directional advice.

UCCNC1000 software with UC100
Gecko 540 controller
sjubs57

Re: Home All

Postby cncdrive » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:10 am

Homing of any axis happens if you press the home button of any axis or if the home all button is pressed then the homing sequence of the axes happens.
The home buttons are the red buttons on the right side of the axes DROs.
Ofcourse for homing to work you have to setup a home input port/pin number for the axis otherwise the axis will not move it will then just "virtually home".
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby sjubs57 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:28 am

Thanks for the response but my previous post may have been misleading on my part. My bad! What I am wanting to do is perform an Initial homing operation that sets the machine cordinates when the axis limit switch is triggered. Based on what I'vew read and understood, I need to perform a G58.1, not a G58. I've read as much literature as I can find they all reference a manual method where the g-code is typed in at the MDI. Thats a fairly lengthy command to enter each time you power up the machine and want to set the home coordinates. I would assume there is a more efficient manner to build a repeatable G58.1 macro for all initial homing functions instead of typing the commands/parameters for all axis each time.
sjubs57

Postby ger21 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:11 am

What's wrong with the "Home All" button?

Do you have port and pin numbers entered for the home switches?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby sjubs57 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:51 am

I'm a newby with the homing operations. I rebuilt a Chinese model with a Gecko 540 and upgraded from a Mach3 to UCCNC with UC100. The old setup never had homing or limit switches and this is one of my rebuild requirements. At first, I thought the "home all" button merely returned all axis' to their pre-established home coordinates but now understand that this button actually moves in a direction till a switch is triggered and then sets the machine coordinate to zero and then backs off. That is exactly what I am trying to achieve... The underlying problem is that the software doesn't seem to react to a triggered limit switch so the Axis continues past the switch and hits the end of travel. The limit/home switches are wired NC per Gecko's recommendations. Each home switch is configured in the configurations tables and ACTIVE LOW is enabled. The diagnostic screen reflects changes when a switch is triggered. For sanity check, I've included the diagnostics state in the below table when the machine coordinates are clear of any switches (ie switch is at NC state):

NORMAL CLOSE STATE
I/O Monitor I/O Function Monitor
X Axis PIN 10 (off) X Home (On)
Y Axis PIN 11 (off) Y Home (On)
Z Axis PIN 13 (off) Z Home (On)

When I move to a point that a Home Switch is triggered, the PIN for that switch turns green and the corresponding Home IO Function turns off. Example below shows Y switched triggered
I/O Monitor I/O Function Monitor
X Axis PIN 10 (off) X Home (On)
Y Axis PIN 11 (on) Y Home (Off)
Z Axis PIN 13 (off) Z Home (On)

If I disable Active Low, both PIN and Home functions are synched in the "off" state until a switch is triggered. Then both indicators will turn green. Irregardless of the active state toggle, I get the same results... The system continues past the switch and bottoms out.

The above information makes me hypothesize that the UCCNC software is seeing the state change on the switch. Yet, the software does not appear to react the way I expect it should. I would expect the changes state would stop the travel and then take other actions like updating the coordinates and backing off of the switch to a designated safe space instead of driving past the switch till it hits end of travel. Either my logic above is wrong or I have repeatedly missed something in the configuration process that interrupts the axis travel when the switch it triggered.
sjubs57

Postby ger21 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 am

Do you have the Home switches configured correctly on the Axis setup pages?
home2.JPG

And on the diagnostics page, do the Home LED's change state when you trigger the switches?
home.JPG
home.JPG (16.43 KiB) Viewed 10510 times
Gerry
ger21

Postby sjubs57 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Yes, I believe so.

X Axis Home Pin 10 Port 1 Active low (no)
Y Axis Home Pin 13 Port 1 Active Low (No)
Z Axis Home Pin 11 Port 1 Active Low (No)

When no switches are tripped, the Ports for the above switches is black (off) and so are the Home leds for XYZ. When a switch is tripped, the led will change status and turn green for the appropriate axis port and the appropriate Home monitor led. All three switches perform the same way when their respective switch is triggered.

If I perform a "Home all" with only the home ports configured, the machine moves the first homing sequence (Z axis) up but it does not stop when the Z+ home switch is triggered... It will continue till it crashes the head at the end of travel. I have to manually hit reset to prevent damage. The same occurs if only home 1 axis at a time.

If I include configurations for the limit + pins and ports for each axis, I get a different result. When performing a homing operation with these additional settings enabled, the axis will trip the switch and the software stops the travel. However, it just sits there and does nothing else. It doesn't reset the machine coordinates, It does not back off of the switch trigger, nor does it continue to home the other axis... It just sits there with the homing led lit (on the run screen). I have to manually press the reset button to disable the homing operation. Homing on an individual axis does the same thing.

I originally set out to have both home and limit + settings enabled but the problems I encountered drove me to trying resolve one problem at a time. I have searched Google and youtube extensively but have been unsuccessful. The closest thing I came across was the G58 and G58.1 conversations. I looked for a macro that would align with the G58.1 but didn't find one so I figured the issue is elsewhere.

With much embarrassment, I've had to reach out for help...
sjubs57

Postby ger21 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Something is definitely wrong.
Can you post a screenshot of one of your axis setup screens, or your profile?

G58 is a work offset, and has nothing to do with homing. G58.1 is not a supported g-code for UCCNC.
Gerry
ger21

Postby sjubs57 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:47 pm

I've added screen shots of the AXIS configurations, and diagnostic pages (triggered and non-triggered switches) Also added the profile.

Switches are configured NC. I do notice a randomly blinking RED on Pin 16 which is the Charge pump... Not sure if that's normal but it doesn't seem to interfere with jog controls.

Your help is much appreciated.
Attachments
All Home switches Triggered.jpg
Diagnostic Page - All home switches triggered
No Home switches triggered.jpg
Diagnostics page - No Home switches triggered
Axis settings.jpg
Screen capture of Axis Configuration
CNC_Router.pro
Profile for CNC router
(32.03 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
sjubs57

Postby dezsoe » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:08 am

Why did you set A axis as slave for X, Y and Z? It's impossible! Do you have a slave on any axes? The steps/unit setting for A equals to Y and Z, so - I think - the Y has slave. Set slave on X and Z to None and try again.
dezsoe

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here