Mach3 running cnc with UC300ETH on win7

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Mach3 running cnc with UC300ETH on win7

Postby marteng » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:55 am

Hi Guys,
I'm in phase of setting up my new build and have been strugling to get my axis moving by means of a joypad but to no avail. I already have ShuttleRU STM32 pendant installed but prefer to jog the CNC with a joypad which is much more convenient.

For the past week I have tried several ways to get this working, including a fresh system setup to switch from win7 64 bit to 32 bit and niether this was not successful. I then started mach 3 without being connected to the CNC (UC300ETH-5LPT disconnected )and could be able to move the axis with the joypad. As soon as I reconnect the LAN cable, switch on the cnc and restart the system, The joypad is again non functional.

Apparently there seams to be some sort of impediment by the motion controller to inhibt the joypad from functioning.

Is there anyone who has such a setup similar to mine and has a functional joypad or has had issues with operating a joypad like me?

My current setup is made as follows:
Cnc software: Mach3
CNC Driver: iT ethernet motion controller, DG4S-08020 servo drive
Jogging : ShuttleRU STM32 pendant (set and functional) / USB Joypad (set but not functional - for more details here http://gmb.nl/item.aspx?id=8763 ).
Operating system: win7
marteng

Re: Mach3 running cnc with UC300ETH on win7

Postby Robertspark » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am

What version of mach3 are you running?

Version 0.62 tends to be the recommended version with motion controllers and not the default download of 0.66

Try 0.62 and see if the problem sorts it's self out.

ftp://anonymous:guest@ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:07 am

Looks like an Xbox controller.... Have you got the plugin installed for it

http://www.machsupport.com/software/plugins/
Robertspark

Postby marteng » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi Rob,
Thanks very much for the reply ...... much appreciated. I was thinking about the version level of Mach3, I'll try to have a go and see what happens. Yes the controller looks very much like the Xbox but am not sure if the plugin works .......anyway, I suppose there's no harm in giving it a go as well before I down grade Mach3 version.
Regards
Marteng
marteng

Postby marteng » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi Rob,
I just finished installing both the xbox plugin and Mach3 ver 0.62 respectively, but still no results. I have also made sure that all drivers are installed propoerly down to whether I plug in USB 2.0 or 3.0, the latest joypad driver version and still the same response......... buttons on the joypad responsive but not the joysticks!

I now feel like I'm going round in circles and am not sure if there is something rediculously small setting that i may be overlooking or the initial thought that the motion controller is blocking certain functions on the joypad, but then again it is still strange, cause I think it should either block it completely or it doesn't.

Anyway I'll try to work with what I can for now and get back to it later on into the build. Or maybe build my own .............some day.
Thanks Rob
Regards
Marteng
marteng

Postby cncdrive » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:59 pm

The motion controller does not block jog commands or anything else, it uses the standard interface in mach3 to accept things like jog calls.
If the pendant does not work with the motion controller then it's plugin is not calling these functions properly.
Basicly the pendant should simply call the button codes of the jog commands and then it would work.
There are several things in mach3 which works different (on different routes, different calls etc.) with an LPT port than how it works with the mach3 plugin interface.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby marteng » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks guys for the support, ideas and clarifications, I will be take one last attempt and try to make a new windows XP installation and see what happens.
Regards
Marteng
marteng

Postby Robertspark » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:15 pm

I don't believe that will do it

Have you got a driver for the pendant?

The Xbox controller needs a separate driver from memory which enables the usb bit
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:33 pm

Rob,

In the first post he wrote that if the UC300ETH plugin is not loaded and so in other words if the LPT port driver is loaded then the pendant jogs the axis, so I think the pendant itself is working, it's drivers should be OK, but as I said it maybe calling functions incorrectly which only works with the LPT port.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 am

Again, I don't think that reinstalling windows will help you at all.

Balazs, yes I am aware that the gamepad works fine until the uc300 motion controller is plugged in and Mach3 is restarted to use the cncDrive plugin.

What is not clear is what plugin is being used for the gamepad??
I have tried searching for "JPD-UDV-01 mach3" and got nothing.
I would have thought that the referenced gamepad would have had a plugin for it that I could have found where it came from?

I found this manual which looks like the same gamepad.
http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/u ... al_2.0.pdf

If you look at reply #221 here, the developer suggests that there may be a newer plugin available if you email / PM them:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index. ... 5.220.html

Hence again, I'm not sure if the plugin you are using is old / has been updated as the thread started by listing version 2.0 of the plugin with 2 previous versions (0.5 and 1.0) being listed in the manual linked above, version 2.0 was released in 2011.

I'd also suggest posting something on the Mach forum on the joypad thread and see if the developer can help (they do appear to still be active as of end April 2018).
Robertspark

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions