Restarting halfway through a job

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Restarting halfway through a job

Postby markgreenhalgh » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Is it possible to reset the coordinates from a G Code line number and restart if there has been a power failure or the UC100 has lost its blue light
markgreenhalgh

Re: Restarting halfway through a job

Postby dezsoe » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:57 am

Yes, of course. You need two things to do: always home your machine before work and know your work offsets. There are some people who never home their machine, but this is not a good practice. If you have fixed work offset then you are ready. If you start working with measuring (or setting by hand) the work offsets then after you set up your coords go to Offsets page and press Save offsets. (Normally, UCCNC will save your offsets while exiting, but if you have a power failure then it will not be saved, that's why you have to do it manually.) After restart you home again so the machine coords will be known, the offsets are reloaded on startup, so you only have to find in the g-code where you were last time and press Run from here.
dezsoe

Postby cncdrive » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:33 pm

It is not possible to save anything if the computer remains without power. The UC100 has no battery.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Yes Terry. I have a 200Ah UPS on my computer, that lasts for about 24 hours for powering my desktop computer if the mains power goes off. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software