Add LED to 2017 screen set

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: Add LED to 2017 screen set

Postby andrewbishop66 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:20 pm

if its 2017 set its hidden behind the drawing panel i moved the panel and then dragged the leds clear

Thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby Greolt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I am sorry. This thread has 2017 in the heading. I am not using that screenset. Only posted in this thead because it was about editing screens.

Copying any button from any screen is not a problem. Except when I am doing that from the flyout screen. It seems to be different.

It is called "layer 1" and the layer I want the copied button on is also "layer 1"

Even if I specify "layer 2" (run page) it still disapears.

I am beginning to believe it is to do with flyout screen being "AS3jog" instead of the rest being "AS3"

Wondering if the screen editor is capable of doing what I am attempting.
Greolt

Postby dezsoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:16 pm

You are right. Edit the ssf file with a text editor, find your LED (e.g. put it into a known position to find it easy) and replace AS3jog.Addled with AS3.Addled. After restarting UCCNC you can make all other modifications with the screen editor.
dezsoe

Postby Greolt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:34 am

I got around it.

Created new buttons and copied all the details from the jog panel ones. Had to add some images to the AS3 side too.

Part of what I wanted was the Continous, MPG Cont, MPG single, MPG multi, etc buttons. The HB04 gives no indication as to what mode you are in. This part is irrelevant to the XBox control.

As other have found out previously, those buttons work but will not toggle when not on the jog panel. Got around that by placing a relevant green LED over the green strip. Now it looks much the same.

As far as "Step size" goes I only really needed to have visual indication as to which step size was active. The indication on the HB04 screen is poor and of course the XBox control gives no visual indication at all.

The last bit was the "Jog Speed" with plus and minus buttons. Made the buttons same way as above. The interaction between both instances of the "Jog Speed" DRO is not perfect but OK.
Attachments
ScreenEdit.jpg
Greolt

Previous

Return to Custom Screensets