Tool Length and Diameter

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Tool Length and Diameter

Postby krsykes23 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:34 am

Having only recently switched from Mach3 to UCCNC and now getting somewhere in setting up the machine, I have made a working custom screenset and I would like a way of displaying the CURRENT Tool Length and Diameter, a feature I had in the previous Mach3 setup.

I searched the list of Fields but could only find the parameters for ToolZoffset1, 2, 3 and ToolDiameter1, 2,3 etc. but not CURRENT.

Is this possible?
krsykes23

Re: Tool Length and Diameter

Postby cncdrive » Fri May 13, 2022 11:43 am

Tools parameters are in the Tooltable on the "Tools" tab page.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby krsykes23 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:31 pm

cncdrive wrote:Tools parameters are in the Tooltable on the "Tools" tab page.

I appreciate that but they only relate to individual tools...T1, T2, T3 etc. I can't use these labels to show the Current Tool, as I need a single field. In other words, similar to #897 (Active_toolnumber), for Length and Diameter....but for the Current (Active Tool). So a single field on the screenset that shows Active Tool # (that works), Active Tool Length and Active Tool Diameter.
krsykes23

Postby ger21 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:40 pm

From what I've read in the past, I think the next release may have a way to gain access to those? Just a guess, though.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby krsykes23 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:25 pm

ger21 wrote:From what I've read in the past, I think the next release may have a way to gain access to those? Just a guess, though.

Thanks Gerry.

It's not really that important to be honest. It's just that I had the facility in Mach3 and wanted to recreate it. I guess that as long as the information in the tool tables is correct, that will suffice.

I did look at quite a few other screensets, including the defaults and noticed that the tool length and diameter didn't appear on the main Run screen. In Mach3, when I probed the tool (Tool Length), it updated the info in Run screen.

Mind you, I have bigger issues at present, with trying to figure out why the ATC Drawbar isn't working correctly.
krsykes23

Return to Custom Screensets